Picture of Carburetor

61solidaxle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve attempted to search this Forum for answer to my question/issue, but apparently I’m not tech savvy enough. So I’m posting my question hoping that someone else hasn’t already been posted it. I’m looking for a diagram or picture of the carburetor configuration for the following push mower:
- Craftsman; model: 917.388382; s/n: 062700M077713
- B&S carb: model: 12H802; type: 2675-B1; code: 0006165
The reason for the request is that I believe I’m missing a spring but am unsure because I can’t track down a good service manual or picture of my particular model.

61solidaxle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look at this parts diagram, do you have the choke return spring, part number 217? https://www.partstree.com/models/12h802-2675-b1-briggs-stratton-vertical-engine
Hey Rivets! Thanks for the quick response! Yes, the choke-return spring (#217) is there, but the way it’s attached, it doesn’t allow the choke to to close. In other words, with the cure two attach points, the choke is always open. That’s why I was looking for a picture of the correct configuration

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
See if this is similar enough to your mower to be correct. Different model number but could be same setup

Around the 4 minute mark shows the linkages and the spring connection locations in the video. Just pause and look and place that part of the video to see how everything is connected.

61solidaxle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, very close. But the linkage is slightly different. I attempted to post a picture of my carb, but the Forum sez it’s too large!?!?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Camera photos are too big to post. You’ll need to resize in a computer program or take a picture with a digital camera.