Repairs Ordering Parts for 1995 9hp Rider

rloden

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1995 28", 9hp B&S rear engine rider which has been great since new. It has an electric start and pull rope. I've been trying to buy a new shift handle on-line, but none of the Snapper parts dealer's sites recognize my model number info. I looked on Snapper's site and checked all of the downloadable manuals but none of them have my model number. From these downloads for other 28inch riders, they show part number 4-0599 as the shift handle. I'm sure it is the one I need, but want to make sure. Here's my info:
Model - 28A707
SR 928
Type - 0122 01
Code - 9410124E
This is my first post. Thanks for any help.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 1995 28", 9hp B&S rear engine rider which has been great since new. It has an electric start and pull rope. I've been trying to buy a new shift handle on-line, but none of the Snapper parts dealer's sites recognize my model number info. I looked on Snapper's site and checked all of the downloadable manuals but none of them have my model number. From these downloads for other 28inch riders, they show part number 4-0599 as the shift handle. I'm sure it is the one I need, but want to make sure. Here's my info:
Model - 28A707
SR 928
Type - 0122 01
Code - 9410124E
This is my first post. Thanks for any help.

Hi, and welcome :thumbsup:

Snapper used the same shift handle on most all it's RER lineup (at one time or another), as well as many tractor-style. I had a 1991 41" 12.5 hp [front engine]rider. I also have a 1985 snapper 21" walk-behind - 3.5hp, still my most reliable mower. I've had quite a bit of time with the parts ordering - don't be surprised if it's the same thing as something they make now.

I really think you'd be fine - especially if a pic of the mower (showing the shift handle) looks like yours - betcha a cup of coffee it IS the same if it looks that way.......