Ok so whats the difference

scott47429

Threads
ok i been out looking at the new Honda HRR216VKA and there are two different ones the HRR2168VKA and the HRR2169VKA so what id the difference between the two mowers John Deere here didnt seem like they knew and the only thing they had on the floor was the HRR2168VKA but had the take to the HRR2169VKA and the tag to the HRR2168VKA on the same mower

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
ok i been out looking at the new Honda HRR216VKA and there are two different ones the HRR2168VKA and the HRR2169VKA so what id the difference between the two mowers John Deere here didnt seem like they knew and the only thing they had on the floor was the HRR2168VKA but had the take to the HRR2169VKA and the tag to the HRR2168VKA on the same mower

The 8 is the older model.

The 9 is the most current.

You want the 9. It has the Clip Director, which allows you to toggle between mulch and bag with a flip of the lever. No mulch plug. Very nice! Read all about it here:

Honda Lawn Mowers: HRR216VKA, HRR216K8VKA

hrr-clip-director-mulch.jpg

scott47429

Threads
ok thanks Robert thats what i thought but the guys at the John Deere dealer cant tell me i would think if your going to sell these things you should know about them so the clip defector is a good option to have since there the same price

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
ok thanks Robert thats what i thought but the guys at the John Deere dealer cant tell me i would think if your going to sell these things you should know about them so the clip defector is a good option to have since there the same price

No excuses.

For what it's worth, many of the Deere guys have only been selling Honda stuff for a short time now. Not surprised to hear that some of them are still a little confused about new models Honda introduced this year.

Enjoy the new mower. The HRR is a great machine. I heard that if you fill out your registration card and date it before June 1st of this year, you get an extra year of warranty. That's what I heard, at least. :tongue:

scott47429

Threads
ok cool so i ned to get it very soon then im running out of time i think im going to get the newer model with the clip deflector i like the idea of not having to change the mulch plug all i have to do is flip the switch and mow thanks for all your help Robert