oil filter cross reference

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You compare filters with flow meters ,microscopes & electromagnetic filters & / or centrifuges .
Which is why I now get wet pants laughing when some You-Fool video appears where the fool cuts a few filters apart and does a comparison with noting more that their blind eyes.
The best you might hope to see would be an obvious manufacturing defect.
A filter made in a first world country should not have any because each & every filter is tested on the line at every stage and as they come off the line
Failures are punctured & drop into the scrap metal bin , but as they are bad feed, most would go to land fill .
You would think so that Purolator oil filter I installed on PU started leaking within week. Leaking up to 2 qts in 20 miles at 55 mph. IT had two defects that they just covered up with heavy paint. Supposedly had a warranty against defects but they would not honor it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Old testing machines did not have the auto punch to make a hole in the case.
This stopped defects being returned to the good line for painting & despatch for what ever reason that might be .

now151

Threads
thanks for all the replies. alot of good information. i believe it is made by locin. used on the exmarks also

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is the Loncin engine it will not work, the rubber seal is slightly smaller and will leak. Been there tried that, then got the Toro filter.

gundawg

Forum Newbie
Threads
does anyone know what john deere oil filter will work on a toro 708cc. i have a one of them and thought i might as well use it and save a few bucks but only if its the right one.
does anyone know what john deere oil filter will work on a toro 708cc. i have a one of them and thought i might as well use it and save a few bucks but only if its the right one.
I did allot of research on this and only found two oil filters other than the Toro oil filter that will not present a problem, One was an Wix filter (forget the number) and the other was a Fram XG4967 which is the premium Fram filter. I'm not a fan of the cheaper Fram filters but this is a very good filter, The Wix filter I could not find on line to order, but did order the Fram from Walmart. The problem with other filters with the same dimensions and specs is that the set-back of the mounting threads is not far enough back and my cause the seals to not properly tighten down on the oil filter mount thereby prune to causing leaks. The 708 Toro engine is made by Lucin the same company that makes some BMW motoercycle engine. Although a Chines company, they do make excellent engines for other companies to their specs including some Honda engines. The Toro 708cc engine is also the smae as the Exmark 708cc engine. The Fram XG4967 has been on my Toro now for a few months with no problem.

now151

Threads
thanks for the advice. my biggest concern with the locin 708cc engine is whether it has a metal camshaft gear or a nylon gear. there have been alot of failures with nylon camshaft gears from different manufactures. i cant find any info to prove this one way or the other. the locin 708cc engine number is LC2P77F

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any Loncin gears I have seen, which are very few, are metal.

now151

Threads
theres a couple of youtube video explaining the exmark and toro 708 cc engine that shows a nylon gear on them but they were produced those videos in 2015. thats why im hoping its not so and they have changed them. nylon gears seem to never work no matter what maker .

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
found a Loncin parts diagram PDF for that engine, cam part number is 140020072-T390 , but that didn't lead me anywhere, but like Rivets said, i believe they all use metal gears.