Odd Looking top for the low and High Carburetor Adjustments

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Odd Looking top for the low and High Carburetor Adjustments
I reckon the EPA prefer to engines to be polluting instead of one properly tune and operating correctly. Nearly everything I get in to the repair shop is already beyond the EPA certification time so it doesn't matter I retune the engines to run correctly in the first place.

Yes a proper tuned pollutes less. Sometimes I think the rules are there just to force the customers into the major dealer shops.

I when I get though with an engine it usually gets better fuel economy than it did straight out the box as I do tune with a tach. I remember a little Dodge colt I drove at work that I tune to a point where the tail pipe was white grey and got 45 mpg. I even took my 265 V8 that was getting 16 mpg highway and when I got done with the mods it was cruising at 32 mpg highway with a combined mileage of 23 mpg and that was '79 model. MY current don't even 15 mpg combined with 4 speed overdrive automatic..

Well the EPA are Bureaucrats so they have to pass laws & regulations to appear to be doing their job and justify their pay checks
Now they could put emission limits on jet engines for instance , most of which dump around 200 gallons of raw jet A1 strait out the exhaust on take off.
But that would add $ 50 to the price of every air ticket and powerful politically connected people will not allow that to happen .
They could put obscuration meters on the stacks of trains & ships but again that will not be allowed by the megga wealthy
So making regulations so everything you buy has a very short life, requiring regular replacement thus making the megga rich even richer will go strait through parliament unopposed.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Of course when they assemble the equipment they don't start the engines so they are just hoping it is tuned to EPA(assholes) standards. The "tree hugging self righteous i am better than you and i will save the world from people like you" clowns in charge just want to pass useless laws to make themselves feel good about themselves. We would be better off getting rid of those clowns wasting the planets oxygen. I wonder if all those jackasses drive electric cars? Which is another lie. Of course we can't forget CARB putting in their worthless $.02.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also what I have done is get out the Dremel tool, put on a cutter disc, cut a slot through the housing and into the adjusting screws. Small flat blade screwdriver then works fine. Would ruin the warranty for sure though.