Odd Looking top for the low and High Carburetor Adjustments

lindylex

Threads
  • / Odd Looking top for the low and High Carburetor Adjustments
I have a Craftsman GAS TRIMMER Model No. 316.791810 Incredi-Pull and it has a very odd looking top for the low and high carburetor adjustments.

What tool is used to adjust these? From searching it looks like a Ecceotrix screwdriver.
If it is a Ecceotrix screwdriver, where can I purchase separately only not a kit of 11 carburetor adjustment tools? I have the other 10.
Is an alternative way around this is to cut a slit into it with a Dremel?

Thanks, LexIMG_8463.JPG

Romore

Threads
The EPA hath decreed thou shalt not mess with thy carburetor. Only the equipment manufacturer is allowed to to have the tool for final adjustments so you will have to be crearive.

lindylex

Threads
The EPA hath decreed thou shalt not mess with thy carburetor. Only the equipment manufacturer is allowed to to have the tool for final adjustments so you will have to be crearive.
Alas I shall haveth my way with this equipment that I own. I sweareth upon this rock I stand, I shall save it from waste and save my hardware for another day.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy I thought I was never going see the eccentric version.

Here is a source for the tool needed; of course, you would need to order the whole set to get but worth it if needed.

lindylex

Threads

Here is a source for the tool needed; of course, you would need to order the whole set to get but worth it if needed.

I have that set minus the Eccentric screwdriver. Looks like I spelled it incorrectly in the original post.

lindylex

Threads

When I look up eccentric screwdriver I see different heads. Some make sense while others do not. Why is this? For instance "ETA 7750 Eccentric Screw Screwdriver 1.40 ** Swiss Made **" https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETA-7750-Eccentric-Screw-Screwdriver-1-40-Swiss-Made-/264561963223

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is exactly as previously mentioned.
The EPA's world wide need to be seen to be doing something by the narrow minded media who can only concentrate on one pollutant at any one time .
Right now the devils own brew is CO2 so no co2 must be produced by anything .
Thus the never ending variations in jet heads and this will continue till petrol powered tools are banned full stop.
The solution is a Dremel tool with a narrow cut off wheel to make a slot in the heads for a screwdriver .

Unfortunately for life on the planet the biggest source of the pollution which is killing us is the embedded pollution from making throw away items , not their use .
But that requires more that 2 functioning brain cells to work out how much pollution per kg is in each of the materials used then the pollution generated during manufacture the pollution in the logistics of geting it into your hands and the pollution generated in disposing of it when you have used it 3 times & it breaks .
All that adds up to significantly more than what comes out the exhaust , but hooking the exhaust to a meter in a lab has stretched the interlect of most environmental warrirors well past it's limit .

As for tools, same thing every time they bring out a new head, you have to buy a full set so there is 20 times the pollution generated in making the 20 tools in the set you do not want nor need .
What really kills me is down here my wholesalers no longer carry any of these tools .
Asked why & go shown a letter from the EPA threatening them with a fine of up to $ 5,000,000 for each sale of the restricted tooling which is only allowed to be owned & used by authorised service agents of the manufacturer .
Apparently all of them have the CO : CO2 meter required to properly adjust the engine ( any one seen one ? ).
And the joke is there are at lease a dozen garage vendors selling the illegal tool kits on Ebay

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And MTD doesn't even supply their dealers the tools at this point. They got threatened because they were allowing their dealers to make adjustments without having the required equipment to test to make sure the adjusted carb was still within EPA emission guidelines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I reckon the EPA prefer to engines to be polluting instead of one properly tune and operating correctly. Nearly everything I get in to the repair shop is already beyond the EPA certification time so it doesn't matter I retune the engines to run correctly in the first place.

Yes a proper tuned pollutes less. Sometimes I think the rules are there just to force the customers into the major dealer shops.

I when I get though with an engine it usually gets better fuel economy than it did straight out the box as I do tune with a tach. I remember a little Dodge colt I drove at work that I tune to a point where the tail pipe was white grey and got 45 mpg. I even took my 265 V8 that was getting 16 mpg highway and when I got done with the mods it was cruising at 32 mpg highway with a combined mileage of 23 mpg and that was '79 model. MY current don't even 15 mpg combined with 4 speed overdrive automatic..

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Find a stiff piece of plastic tube that can be pushed over the mixture screw, has to fit tight, can usually adjust with that. I have used Tygon fuel line on some adjusters.