Noma snow blower will not move

D2hornets58

Threads
I have a 27 inch Noma snowblower with an 8 hp tecumseh engine. The model number for the snow blower is E2784000. It has 6 forward gears and it will not move in any of them other then gear 1. And it moves very slowly in this gear. It also has two reverse gears and seems to move fine in those. Is there a belt that needs to be tightened or something like that??
Thanks

Threads
I have a 27 inch Noma snowblower with an 8 hp tecumseh engine. The model number for the snow blower is E2784000. It has 6 forward gears and it will not move in any of them other then gear 1. And it moves very slowly in this gear. It also has two reverse gears and seems to move fine in those. Is there a belt that needs to be tightened or something like that??
Thanks

I don't know, but gosh!, you seem to have one problem after another with that snowblower...don't you?

D2hornets58

Threads
I don't know, but gosh!, you seem to have one problem after another with that snowblower...don't you?

Haha yes i do! First it wouldnt start and now that I got it running it wont move. I hope this is the last problem that I have. I also still cannot figure out why my plow for my quad wont work. I dont want to but I think i may have to rewire that. Hopefully i get everything ready before it snows.

Threads
Haha yes i do! First it wouldnt start and now that I got it running it wont move. I hope this is the last problem that I have. I also still cannot figure out why my plow for my quad wont work. I dont want to but I think i may have to rewire that. Hopefully i get everything ready before it snows.

Yeah, I hope you do, too! Good luck!:thumbsup:

D2hornets58

Threads
Yeah, I try to run it every so often, and more often now that winter is coming, just to make sure it runs. And it works....it starts AND moves!! :laughing:

Haha you are very lucky. I dont use this much mostly just for walkways but i dont want to have to push it.

natenkiki2004

Threads
See if it has a driven disc drive. It will be a rubber disc that a sliding wheel moves along. As that sliding wheel goes further to the outside of the disc, the faster it goes. Perhaps it's worn on the outside of the disc. If it was a belt, I would think that it wouldn't work at all in any of the gears.

D2hornets58

Threads
See if it has a driven disc drive. It will be a rubber disc that a sliding wheel moves along. As that sliding wheel goes further to the outside of the disc, the faster it goes. Perhaps it's worn on the outside of the disc. If it was a belt, I would think that it wouldn't work at all in any of the gears.

Yes it does have a disk drive.

natenkiki2004

Threads
Clean the disc, see if it's heavily worn or out of adjustment. You should be able to find the manual online if you don't have it and that should show adjustment. If not, look up on YouTube as a lot of the driven disc setups are similar.