Export thread

Noma snow blower will not move

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

I have a 27 inch Noma snowblower with an 8 hp tecumseh engine. The model number for the snow blower is E2784000. It has 6 forward gears and it will not move in any of them other then gear 1. And it moves very slowly in this gear. It also has two reverse gears and seems to move fine in those. Is there a belt that needs to be tightened or something like that??
Thanks

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I have a 27 inch Noma snowblower with an 8 hp tecumseh engine. The model number for the snow blower is E2784000. It has 6 forward gears and it will not move in any of them other then gear 1. And it moves very slowly in this gear. It also has two reverse gears and seems to move fine in those. Is there a belt that needs to be tightened or something like that??
Thanks

I don't know, but gosh!, you seem to have one problem after another with that snowblower...don't you?

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

I don't know, but gosh!, you seem to have one problem after another with that snowblower...don't you?

Haha yes i do! First it wouldnt start and now that I got it running it wont move. I hope this is the last problem that I have. I also still cannot figure out why my plow for my quad wont work. I dont want to but I think i may have to rewire that. Hopefully i get everything ready before it snows.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Haha yes i do! First it wouldnt start and now that I got it running it wont move. I hope this is the last problem that I have. I also still cannot figure out why my plow for my quad wont work. I dont want to but I think i may have to rewire that. Hopefully i get everything ready before it snows.

Yeah, I hope you do, too! Good luck!:thumbsup:

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Yeah, I hope you do, too! Good luck!:thumbsup:

have you taken out your snowblower yet?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

have you taken out your snowblower yet?

Yeah, I try to run it every so often, and more often now that winter is coming, just to make sure it runs. And it works....it starts AND moves!! :laughing:

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Yeah, I try to run it every so often, and more often now that winter is coming, just to make sure it runs. And it works....it starts AND moves!! :laughing:

Haha you are very lucky. I dont use this much mostly just for walkways but i dont want to have to push it.

N

natenkiki2004

See if it has a driven disc drive. It will be a rubber disc that a sliding wheel moves along. As that sliding wheel goes further to the outside of the disc, the faster it goes. Perhaps it's worn on the outside of the disc. If it was a belt, I would think that it wouldn't work at all in any of the gears.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

See if it has a driven disc drive. It will be a rubber disc that a sliding wheel moves along. As that sliding wheel goes further to the outside of the disc, the faster it goes. Perhaps it's worn on the outside of the disc. If it was a belt, I would think that it wouldn't work at all in any of the gears.

Yes it does have a disk drive.

N

natenkiki2004

Clean the disc, see if it's heavily worn or out of adjustment. You should be able to find the manual online if you don't have it and that should show adjustment. If not, look up on YouTube as a lot of the driven disc setups are similar.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Clean the disc, see if it's heavily worn or out of adjustment. You should be able to find the manual online if you don't have it and that should show adjustment. If not, look up on YouTube as a lot of the driven disc setups are similar.

ok Ill try that
Thanks

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

I can not find any manuals online. The only videos Is saw were Adjusting the cable and mine is different. Do you know any websites that would have a manual or any good youtube videos of adjusting??
Thanks

N

natenkiki2004

Here's an example of replacing the driven disc:
DIY - Ariens Snowblower Friction Disc Repair - YouTube

You can see where the disc touches the metal plate. A good cleaning on both would help ensure proper transfer of power. You can look around in there to see if there's any issues or see if your disc needs to be replaced.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Here's an example of replacing the driven disc:
DIY - Ariens Snowblower Friction Disc Repair - YouTube

You can see where the disc touches the metal plate. A good cleaning on both would help ensure proper transfer of power. You can look around in there to see if there's any issues or see if your disc needs to be replaced.

Thank you for that video. I cleaned the metal plate and the disk. The disk didnt look bad but had a couple small chunks taken out of the rubber but only 1 or 2. I didnt have time to try it so i will test it out tomorow and let you know if theres a difference.
Thanks

N

natenkiki2004

It might be worthwhile to just go ahead and replace the disc anyway. Don't want to have to replace it in a blizzard :) I think they're cheap, you can probably find one on eBay for under $15.

On a side note, that donny guy has great videos on YouTube. Well worth taking a look to see what else he has.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

It might be worthwhile to just go ahead and replace the disc anyway. Don't want to have to replace it in a blizzard :) I think they're cheap, you can probably find one on eBay for under $15.

On a side note, that donny guy has great videos on YouTube. Well worth taking a look to see what else he has.

Ya i saw a couple of his videos and they are very helpful. Will the part number be somewhere on the disk?

N

natenkiki2004

If you're lucky it will be. If not, pull it off and do a search for "noma drive disc" on eBay and compare the pictures to what you have. When you find a match, contact the seller with measurements.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

If you're lucky it will be. If not, pull it off and do a search for "noma drive disc" on eBay and compare the pictures to what you have. When you find a match, contact the seller with measurements.

Ok I will take it off tomorow and try to find one.
Thanks