No power

Bad News

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2004 JD L130 with the Kohler 23hp Command engine. I was driving the mower (deck not engaged) when it died. I have no power even to the hour meter. Ive check the main fuse, battery, ignition switch, brake switch, seat switch, PTO clutch & switch with no luck of any problems other than the headlight terminal on the ignition not working per VOM. HELP!!!!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hands on, try moving ground straps & cables from engine to chassis & see if you find a cable loose.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a 2004 JD L130 with the Kohler 23hp Command engine. I was driving the mower (deck not engaged) when it died. I have no power even to the hour meter. Ive check the main fuse, battery, ignition switch, brake switch, seat switch, PTO clutch & switch with no luck of any problems other than the headlight terminal on the ignition not working per VOM. HELP!!!!

:welcome:

OK the magic word is How did yiu check all those items as some don't have power running through them.
?

JD318420

Threads
I would switch to DC voltage, scale 20 Volts tops. Turn the key on, start at battery and work my way from battery, to fuses, to the ignition switch, seat switch. It might be that the safety ignition interlock board went out or what ever they call it on that model.

Do you have the TM for that model, I recommend you get it.

Good luck

neetan

Threads
I would switch to DC voltage, scale 20 Volts tops. Turn the key on, start at battery and work my way from battery, to fuses, to the ignition switch, seat switch. It might be that the safety ignition interlock board went out or what ever they call it on that model.

Do you have the TM for that model, I recommend you get it.

Good luck

I agree

Vince 11

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a L130 and last night i parked it after mowing. Ran fine. This morning i turned the key and nothing happened. The battery is good.
I found this thread looking for a good place to start fixing whatever problem I have.

Bad News, did you find and fix yours?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I own a L130 and last night i parked it after mowing. Ran fine. This morning i turned the key and nothing happened. The battery is good.
I found this thread looking for a good place to start fixing whatever problem I have.

Bad News, did you find and fix yours?

:welcome:

As stated perviously start at the battery using a voltmeter set 0-20 or better still a test lamp made up from an old car headlamp.
Check battery - to +
Check battery + to the engine
Check hot ( battery wire ) on solenoid to - on battery
Check hot wire on solenoid to engine
Check the fuse which will generally be on a small wire on the hot solenoid terminal