No name lawn cutters.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
the local paper in town interviewed the DOT driver and he madee it clear that he sit in several spots looking for tires that are bulging out or trucks that have things in the back that are not tied down. also for safety chains that are not crossed as well as several other things. he likes to stop the no names and hold them up for a long time just trying to intimidate them, and he does a good job of it.

Sounds like a beuracrat that really is a waste of good air. I bet he can't spell work.

mowerman05

Threads
I pay my fair share of taxes and I dont have a tax ID number. Shouldnt need one if your selling a service and not selling a product. At least thats what my accountant says for my business.

RTMower

Threads
You would probably have more luck with the biz license bureau in your area. Around here, they don't like people operating unlicensed businesses bc they don't get their tax $$$$. That said, I wouldn't fool with what I think you might call "fly by night" lawn cutters. Elevate yourself above all of that and put your time and energy into making your own biz thrive. Then you won't have time to give them a second thought.

Also, in our area, there are a lot of companies that don't advertise on their vehicles for various reasons. We don't do it. But any vehicle used for commercial use is supposed to have a DOT number, medical card and all Of the safety equipment. The DOT stops people around here ALL THE TIME!

One more note...I am in total agreement with the comment ab not depending on the government to do anything to help the small business. We Do make this country thrive. We DO pay more than our fair share in taxes. It sucks. But I would still rather own my own business than work for someone else.

God Bless!

panabiker

Threads
There is no guarantee that someone with company name and phone number on the truck will pay fair share of taxes. Many cutters prefer cash exchange so it's up to the business owners how they report the income. IRS has no way of tracking them.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is no guarantee that someone with company name and phone number on the truck will pay fair share of taxes. Many cutters prefer cash exchange so it's up to the business owners how they report the income. IRS has no way of tracking them.

You know so what they don't pay taxes. Hey everyone get over it. Your mad because they under bid you get the f over it.......

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You know so what they don't pay taxes. Hey everyone get over it. Your mad because they under bid you get the f over it.......

Thank you I wanted to say that but just not being as nice as you.

I am working on this new thing called be nice.

But your right the op is just mad that they are getting yards he THINKS he could have got.

Last year I was cutting a yard and across the road two guys and a mower cut a yard and left. There was trash that they mowed over did not trim and suxed at blowing. I walked over there and told the homeowner I will fix your yard for free. I spend 30 mins there and took there $20 yard for $40

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The thing is is it fair for one to pay the taxes and not the other, most would say NO but actually who is coming out on the short end of the deal? The guy who doesn't have a License, doesn't pay taxes, lowballs for a living and works on a cash basis will regret his decision in the end because chances are he is not building or putting money back for a retirement because he is not making enough money to do that and live, they'll be No social security because he is not putting money into that for the same reason, in the end for him there will be no benefits of any type. So the next time you complain think about the days at the end, while you set on your front porch drinking a beer with the wife enjoying life you can watch the other guy the illegal who thought he beat the system still cutting lawns, still no signs and probably still driving the same truck he had when you saw him the first time. :smile:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you I wanted to say that but just not being as nice as you.

I am working on this new thing called be nice.

But your right the op is just mad that they are getting yards he THINKS he could have got.

Last year I was cutting a yard and across the road two guys and a mower cut a yard and left. There was trash that they mowed over did not trim and suxed at blowing. I walked over there and told the homeowner I will fix your yard for free. I spend 30 mins there and took there $20 yard for $40

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

They took er jawwwwwwwbbbsssssss