No More Oil Changes for Briggs & Stratton Engines!

Very interesting, I bet it is a hit with the non-gear-heads... Thanks for posting the link..
 
Briggs is having a webinar on friday for its dealers to discuss the new no oil change engine, as well as the electric start push mower engine that uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is attached to the top of the engine like whats on electric drills and such.
 
Sorry ......... I'm old school ...... RUST NEVER SLEEPS ........ and OIL WILL GET DIRTY !!
I've been in mechanics all my life , unless its an engine from the Starship Enterprise ..... if its made of metal , and parts rub against each other , you NEED CLEAN lubrication , personally I use FULL synthetic oil in my personal vehicles, I change the oil every 5000 miles BUT I change the filter EVERY 2500 miles. I also add about a pint of LUCAS oil conditioner during the oil change.
In my lawn equipment I use a synthetic blend , living in Florida , except for a few months during winter, mowing is a year round job , so I change oil about 3 times a year . Oil IS the LIFEBLOOD of an engine , in my 2 cycle equipment , I use Opti-2 synthetic oil ( 100 : 1 ) yes I stated , one hundred to one mix ratio ...... NEVER a problem , I'm extremely careful when mixing oil and fuel , NO distractions ..... Proper amounts ! ( you can look up Opti-2 on the net ) engines run cleaner , no smoke , competitive price . If you want it to last , take care of it ! :thumbsup:
 
I'm with Boobala on this!!
A small vertical shaft engine is going to use oil when operated on hills. The auto industry tried the long extended engine oil change deal years back and it came back to haunt them big time!
Mad Mackie in CT watching the snow melt!!!!:laughing::biggrin::smile:
 
Me thinks this is a real smart sales ploy.
Not putting any oil draining mechanism makes the engine cheaper which makes the customer ( Mtd etc) happy.
It will appeal to the mechanics are thieves crowd & just mow crowd who will probably pay more for this feature.
If Briggs really had the end userin mind they would have beed fitting snorkels like Victa started to in 1958.
 
Sorry ......... I'm old school ...... RUST NEVER SLEEPS ........ and OIL WILL GET DIRTY !!
I've been in mechanics all my life , unless its an engine from the Starship Enterprise ..... if its made of metal , and parts rub against each other , you NEED CLEAN lubrication , personally I use FULL synthetic oil in my personal vehicles, I change the oil every 5000 miles BUT I change the filter EVERY 2500 miles. I also add about a pint of LUCAS oil conditioner during the oil change.
In my lawn equipment I use a synthetic blend , living in Florida , except for a few months during winter, mowing is a year round job , so I change oil about 3 times a year . Oil IS the LIFEBLOOD of an engine , in my 2 cycle equipment , I use Opti-2 synthetic oil ( 100 : 1 ) yes I stated , one hundred to one mix ratio ...... NEVER a problem , I'm extremely careful when mixing oil and fuel , NO distractions ..... Proper amounts ! ( you can look up Opti-2 on the net ) engines run cleaner , no smoke , competitive price . If you want it to last , take care of it ! :thumbsup:

I am not disagreeing with you on oil changes if that is what you believe in. Where I live I find that changing oil isn't going to happen for the average city type person. I really think this is a very good idea for Briggs and the type of person that isn't going to change the oil anyways. Nothing is said you can't change the oil if you want to, so just change it. I have been using the 100:1 oil mix in all my 2 cycle engines for years now without any problems only I use Amsoil. I won't get into how many miles or hours I change my oil because we would be disagreeing on that one and we won't change each others mine so why try. Oil has come a long ways since I started working on cars. Yes I also have been a mechanic all my working years and still doing it part time now that I am in my mid 70's.
 
This will actually be a good idea for some people. The type that never change there oil anyway.

Like my neighbor down the way, I mentioned this to him today, & he told me his 8 yr old push mower still has the original oil (black goo) in it.. :laughing:


I just went away shaking my head..
 
Back
Top