New Ignition Coils

Pochie

Threads
I installed new magnetos for my 21.5 HP Craftsman rider. They do not fit as close as the originals and I cannot get them closer than about 1/8". The old ones were much closer..probably 1/16". My question: can this cause the mower to not turn off when key if turned OFF? It doesn't sound like it would, but it never did this before. (12 years old). I have been shutting it off by just getting off the seat, which shuts it off. Would suspect the key module? Thanks for any opinions.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kill switch/key switch not going to ground.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So many questions, so little time.........

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: New Ignition Coils II

They do not fit as close as the originals and I cannot get them closer than about 1/8". The old ones were much closer..probably 1/16".

Why???? We need to hear....

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you sure you have the right coils, they may have the wrong angle. I'm just guessing as you don't give model numbers, but did you get part number 592896?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure you have the right coils, they may have the wrong angle. I'm just guessing as you don't give model numbers, but did you get part number 592896?

Hey, that's number 2!!!!!!

The first question was a pretty good one, eh????

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you install them upside down?

Pochie

Threads

Hello. The coils I bought replaced #691060 (which is what I had in my mower originally). Sears numbers for replacement are: 592846. I bought them from a reputable dealer on Ebay. ...I just went out and started her up....in turning her off, she turned off, but not instantly...took about 3 seconds...no backfiring. I tried it again and she shut off the same way. Should I worry? She runs and cuts great. Pochie