Export thread

New Ignition Coils

P

Pochie

I installed new magnetos for my 21.5 HP Craftsman rider. They do not fit as close as the originals and I cannot get them closer than about 1/8". The old ones were much closer..probably 1/16". My question: can this cause the mower to not turn off when key if turned OFF? It doesn't sound like it would, but it never did this before. (12 years old). I have been shutting it off by just getting off the seat, which shuts it off. Would suspect the key module? Thanks for any opinions.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Kill switch/key switch not going to ground.

Fish

Fish

So many questions, so little time.........

Fish

Fish

I installed new magnetos for my 21.5 HP Craftsman rider. .

#1. Why?

Fish

Fish

Re: New Ignition Coils II

They do not fit as close as the originals and I cannot get them closer than about 1/8". The old ones were much closer..probably 1/16".

Why???? We need to hear....

R

Rivets

Are you sure you have the right coils, they may have the wrong angle. I'm just guessing as you don't give model numbers, but did you get part number 592896?

Fish

Fish

Are you sure you have the right coils, they may have the wrong angle. I'm just guessing as you don't give model numbers, but did you get part number 592896?

Hey, that's number 2!!!!!!

The first question was a pretty good one, eh????

Carscw

Carscw

Did you install them upside down?

P

Pochie

Hello. The coils I bought replaced #691060 (which is what I had in my mower originally). Sears numbers for replacement are: 592846. I bought them from a reputable dealer on Ebay. ...I just went out and started her up....in turning her off, she turned off, but not instantly...took about 3 seconds...no backfiring. I tried it again and she shut off the same way. Should I worry? She runs and cuts great. Pochie

P

Pochie

Did you install them upside down?

Hi. I installed them with the wire hookup on the bottom as the original ones were installed. Pochie

P

Pochie

Kill switch/key switch not going to ground.

Hi,Please read my latest posts re turning off now. Have a good day! Pochie

EngineMan

EngineMan

Hello. The coils I bought replaced #691060 (which is what I had in my mower originally). Sears numbers for replacement are: 592846. I bought them from a reputable dealer on Ebay. ...I just went out and started her up....in turning her off, she turned off, but not instantly...took about 3 seconds...no backfiring. I tried it again and she shut off the same way. Should I worry? She runs and cuts great. Pochie

I don't see it has a problem, has long has you can kill the engine, keep an eye on it, I still say key switch...! try slowing the engine right down before to you turn it off.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Filters, blades, light kits you can get from the e-bay, but do not buy electrical components "especially ones that plays in part of your machinery running" for your machines from e-bay, go to where you bought it and get the proper components.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Filters, blades, light kits you can get from the e-bay, but do not buy electrical components "especially ones that plays in part of your machinery running" for your machines from e-bay, go to where you bought it and get the proper components.

It isn't E-bay its the person who puts the *&^% on E-bay, you can buy lots of original parts there, and then you go and say, not buy from there, yet you say its alright to buy "filters, blades, light kits, thought these was also part of the running of the machine are they not..? odd, very odd.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

It isn't E-bay its the person who puts the *&^% on E-bay, you can buy lots of original parts there, and then you go and say, not buy from there, yet you say its alright to buy "filters, blades, light kits, thought these was also part of the running of the machine are they not..? odd, very odd.

It is hard to mess up filters and blades when they are part number specific written on the box isn't it?
Some of the sellers on e-bay do not know **** from shinola, so why would you endorse anyone buying an electrical component for their engines on e-bay and not the perspective dealers.
Seems this instance has really turned out bad for Pochie.

EngineMan

EngineMan

It is hard to mess up filters and blades when they are part number specific written on the box isn't it?
Some of the sellers on e-bay do not know **** from shinola, so why would you endorse anyone buying an electrical component for their engines on e-bay and not the perspective dealers.
Seems this instance has really turned out bad for Pochie.

I am not "endorse anyone" to buy from that site, it was you who said not to buy from them.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

I am not "endorse anyone" to buy from that site, it was you who said not to buy from them.

Yes I did say not to buy from ebay as a whole, especially with the electrical components such as coils, sending units, plugs, wiring, etc.
So why are we having this conversation? Why are you confused and try to tear apart two sentences I made?

Carscw

Carscw

When you buy a coil from a online parts supplier on eBay you get the same part as you would from the dealer you got the mower from.

I went to a snapper dealer to get two drive belts they wanted $79.95 per belt. I got them on eBay for $60.00 for both. Same part number same belt made by the same company by the same people.
Same thing with carbs,coils, starters

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

When you buy a coil from a online parts supplier on eBay you get the same part as you would from the dealer you got the mower from.

I went to a snapper dealer to get two drive belts they wanted $79.95 per belt. I got them on eBay for $60.00 for both. Same part number same belt made by the same company by the same people.
Same thing with carbs,coils, starters

No you are wrong, you do not get the same identical part most of the time especially on ebay you get the hong kong special or non OEM and said online part from ebay always works doesn't it??
The OP on this topic bought from ebay and his machine is not working properly now so what do you think is the problem?

EngineMan

EngineMan

No you are wrong, you do not get the same identical part most of the time especially on ebay you get the hong kong special or non OEM and said online part from ebay always works doesn't it??
The OP on this topic bought from ebay and his machine is not working properly now so what do you think is the problem?

Read post 9 it is working with him, the problem it seems to be taking longer to stop, and who is saying that the parts are HongKong special's...! and there's many engines out there running on aftermarket parts.

Fish

Fish

The reason it is now taking 3 seconds to stop is because the kill wire circuit is not working, and what is shutting the engine off is the afterfire solenoid on the bottom of the carb, it takes a second or two to burn off the gas.

Could the circuit be disconnected at a different point, like before it goes in the engine? Also, can you post all of the engine's numbers off of the valve cover?

Fish

Fish

Also question 1, why did you replace both coils???

If your keyswitch is coming apart internally, it could also destroy your new coils, as well as chafed wires arcing together can do, so my

questions are not facetious, but are trying to help you fix your mower and save you money.

Fish

Fish

Wow...

Are you kidding?

Fish

Fish

Can I buy your old coils?????

Can someone make sense and merge these threads???????

Fish

Fish

It would save us some time............... But obviously, we have nothing better to do.......

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Read post 9 it is working with him, the problem it seems to be taking longer to stop, and who is saying that the parts are HongKong special's...! and there's many engines out there running on aftermarket parts.

Thus it is still not running properly!!
If you folks want to run non oem aftermarket parts then knock yourself out it does not make sine for someone to pay 10K, or wait here maybe 7k for a lawn mower and put hong kong special parts on it, just like that guy from Europe a few weeks again putting bastard parts on a Stihl.

Fish

Fish

read the other thread.

Carscw

Carscw

Thus it is still not running properly!! If you folks want to run non oem aftermarket parts then knock yourself out it does not make sine for someone to pay 10K, or wait here maybe 7k for a lawn mower and put hong kong special parts on it, just like that guy from Europe a few weeks again putting bastard parts on a Stihl.

If the oem parts were really the best then why do we all have to keep replacing them?

I run aftermarket bearings on all my deck spindles because they last 3 times longer.