New Hustler Raptor SD Owner

mhavanti

Threads
Tom,

Here is just how easy it is to add a drain hose to any engine. I used the Bobcat CRZ parts manual to get their parts numbers for you. However, it is much simpler and less expensive to just run out to an auto parts or farm store and grab this stuff off the shelf.

Bobcat Oil Drain Hose/valve makeup for the Kawasaki Engines

1. 4164251 VALVE-OIL DRAIN
2. 4164252-001 FITTING-3/8NP TO BARB Fitting
3. 12” x 3/8” Clear
4. 48412-01 Hose Clamp to hold the hose alongside the top of the engine.
5. #6 Hose Clamps (2)

The above numbers are from the Bobcat CRZ parts manual.

However, all you need is:

1) 3/8” NP brass fitting to 3/8” barbed hose connector (Advanced Auto Parts) $1.79
2) 12” 3/8” clear PVC or neoprene fuel and chemical resistant hose. Any farm store, $1.19
3) #6 Hose Clamps, (2) Any store with hose clamps, 55 cents each. $1.10
4) 3/8” Hose end valve (plug) Brass: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-3-8-B...441622?hash=item4b000da5d6:g:jpsAAOSwR5dXR7Yz $1.79
Plastic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-3-8-Hos...hash=item4d3630b0a0:m:mtJJArut3yqTtmPdhPQGzFg $6.99

I'm going to do this to all three of my mowers.

I'm going with all brass and use a balloon over the hose valve end after draining and returning the hose to the home position next to the engine cover.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use a pump.
A lot easier quicker & cleaner.
Boat shops usually sell the same pumps that mower shops do at a substantially cheaper price.

BoylermanCT

Threads
After doing months of research, and looking at Husqvarna, Scag, Hustler, Ferris, Cub Cadet, Simplicity and Bad Boy, I bought a Raptor SD 54"

So what made you decide on the Raptor SD after all you research ?

I was set on a Husky and went to the Hustler / Husky dealer to order it and he talked me out of it. He said the Hustler support was much better, and I talked to his mechanics and assemblers who all said the Hustler is the better brand. The Raptor SD also came with a Kawasaki engine, where the others were Briggs or Kohler. Plus the Raptor SD was a few hundred less than the others.

mhavanti

Threads
Hello Bert, hope all is well downunda!

I have a pump also.

Always good to read your posts from way down there.

BoylermanCT

Threads
Now why can't Kawasaki take a trick from Briggs. My Craftsman tractor has a 12" hose coming from the bottom of the engine to a clip on the top. To change the oil you unclip the hose, bend of down and it drains the engine oil. When you are done, put it back upright and clip it. Doesn't get much easier than that! I was given a black hose with the Raptor SD, and I am sure I will lose it!

mhavanti

Threads
Plus it is stiff also.

577jersey

Threads
Thanks so much for doing all the leg work on this project!!
Im heading out to TSC this Wednesday,,Ill get all the stuff I need for this mod.
Really appreciate it again...

Also,,Bert..Im not a huge fan of pumping the oil out of a combustion engine,,I think time and gravity does a better job at it,,especially if there is some sludgy,metal,crud at the bottom...Ill let mine drip for 10 minutes until it stops,then Ill jack it up in the back and more will come out.
Pump is great for efficiency and production if you are doing it as much as you.

Just my opinion for whatever its worth...

Tom

kraky

Threads
The guy who made that movie is not only wise Beyond his beers..... he actually enjoys what he does. He likes everything about a lawn mowing business so much he makes about 3 movies a week and they're kind of fun to watch. With all the bad Politics on TV it's refreshing to come here and see one lawn mowing sob having fun and showing us what he's up to!

577jersey

Threads
The guy who made that movie is not only wise Beyond his beers..... he actually enjoys what he does. He likes everything about a lawn mowing business so much he makes about 3 movies a week and they're kind of fun to watch. With all the bad Politics on TV it's refreshing to come here and see one lawn mowing sob having fun and showing us what he's up to!
Thats right brother,,hes a good friend of mine,he has a passion for mowers,tools,and the lawncare lifestyle :)