new chainsaw advice stihl ms250 or husqvarna 445

metz12

Threads
So, here i am asking about chainsaw advice again. But I just picked up a huge job for clearing dead trees (there is like 20-30 of them on the property) and I have been using my dads ms170 (for those of you that read my last chainsaw post, yes i got my dad a stihl ms170 and he and i both like it.) for the small jobs that i have done and its just not "cut" :)laughing:) it for this big job. so im curious which saw i should go with, a stihl ms250, or a husqvarna 445. Im kind of leaning toward the 445 because it is the new version of my old faithful husqvarna 345 (R.I.P). they both are right around the same price and both have great reviews. thanks in advance.

here are the links to both of them on the dealer websites

HUSQVARNA 445 - Chainsaws

MS 250 Chain Saw - High Performance Compact Chainsaw | STIHL USA Mobile

tybilly

Threads
im partial to stihl. I like the intelicarb you can still finish the job with a dirty air filter,.made in usa,those both are good saws, both have that german technology,potato pototo.lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
So, here i am asking about chainsaw advice again. But I just picked up a huge job for clearing dead trees (there is like 20-30 of them on the property) and I have been using my dads ms170 (for those of you that read my last chainsaw post, yes i got my dad a stihl ms170 and he and i both like it.) for the small jobs that i have done and its just not "cut" :)laughing:) it for this big job. so im curious which saw i should go with, a stihl ms250, or a husqvarna 445. Im kind of leaning toward the 445 because it is the new version of my old faithful husqvarna 345 (R.I.P). they both are right around the same price and both have great reviews. thanks in advance.

here are the links to both of them on the dealer websites

HUSQVARNA 445 - Chainsaws

MS 250 Chain Saw - High Performance Compact Chainsaw | STIHL USA Mobile

I'm running the MS 180 and I really like it. If you and your dad both like the Stihl I'd stay with it. Personally I'd go with the Stihl MS 250 with the 18" bar.

metz12

Threads
well my dad loves his 170, and i think its a cool little saw but i still like husqvarnas because i had such good luck with my 345. its the classic chevy, ford debate.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
well my dad loves his 170, and i think its a cool little saw but i still like husqvarnas because i had such good luck with my 345. its the classic chevy, ford debate.

Now wouldn't it figure I like Ford :laughing: Hey if you like the Husqvarna go with it :thumbsup: it's a good saw.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Im 100% Stihl all the way. I dont like Husqvarna for anything. Quality seems too cheap on there saws. Just my opinion.

metz12

Threads
Now wouldn't it figure I like Ford :laughing: Hey if you like the Husqvarna go with it :thumbsup: it's a good saw.

well its funny, you like stihl i like husqvarna, you like ford and i like gm. but i'm just undecided. ive heard good and bad things about both.

Threads
well its funny, you like stihl i like husqvarna, you like ford and i like gm. but i'm just undecided. ive heard good and bad things about both.

How about Chevy and Echo? :tongue::laughing:

metz12

Threads
thats different! i guess it works. as long as you dont like ford!

possum

Threads
Go buy one of those cheap green Poulans. By the time it conks out you will have made up your mind.