New Carb Surges

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then the o-ring inside the solenoid went bad. None replaceable due how the solenoid is assembled.

z28derick

Threads
Then the o-ring inside the solenoid went bad. None replaceable due how the solenoid is assembled.
But I did lol. The whole bottom solenoid can be screwed off. I realized I could have bought just that for $10 on Amazon.

Forest#2

Threads
But I did lol. The whole bottom solenoid can be screwed off. I realized I could have bought just that for $10 on Amazon.
Appears you may have misunderstood what Star Tech is saying.

There is a o ring INSIDE the metal shell on the solenoid and you cannot replace just the o ring. the whole solenoid assembly has to be replaced.
To get an idea of such the whole metal outer shell with the terminal assembly when on the carb can be turned by hand with friction and the solenoid wire terminal can be relocated due to the o ring friction INSIDE the metal shell. Yours got old and the o ring failed.
Best to not twist on the metal shell itself when removing or it may start leaking if the solenoid is aged..
OEM replacement solenoids are kinda costly.
The anti back fire solenoid can usually be eliminated if the proper replacement bolt/stud is used to block the threaded hole in the carb bowl. You can find info about such on-line.

z28derick

Threads
Appears you may have misunderstood what Star Tech is saying.

There is a o ring INSIDE the metal shell on the solenoid and you cannot replace just the o ring. the whole solenoid assembly has to be replaced.
To get an idea of such the whole metal outer shell with the terminal assembly when on the carb can be turned by hand with friction and the solenoid wire terminal can be relocated due to the o ring friction INSIDE the metal shell. Yours got old and the o ring failed.
Best to not twist on the metal shell itself when removing or it may start leaking if the solenoid is aged..
OEM replacement solenoids are kinda costly.
The anti back fire solenoid can usually be eliminated if the proper replacement bolt/stud is used to block the threaded hole in the carb bowl. You can find info about such on-line.
Ah I gotcha, yeah I just replaced the whole solenoid 😎

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have taken these solenoids apart just to see how they were constructed. Right the o-ring is there to seal the solenoid internally and allow initial positioning on the connector. Now the Nikki solenoid is threaded at M8-1.00 but those screws are harder to find especially at a 5mm length.

It is like those right angle fuel fittings on Walbro carburetors where DIYers like the turn them destroy the tight seal and then bitch because they crack and leaks.

oldntired55

Threads
i recently bought a carb from Amazon, as soon as i turned the fuel valve on...gas was flooding everywhere. i pulled the bowl off to check float... float laid in bottom of bowl, no hinge pin was there... great

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
i recently bought a carb from Amazon, as soon as i turned the fuel valve on...gas was flooding everywhere. i pulled the bowl off to check float... float laid in bottom of bowl, no hinge pin was there... great
Now that some QC workmanship on the part of the manufacture.

Forest#2

Threads
I strongly suspect Amazon resells bad stuff that has been previously sold and returned.