Need help with gravely 1642 starting

Putting a jumper cable directly on the positive terminal of the battery and starter... Then try it again with the negative jumper on the starter base and the other on the negative terminal. If your battery and starter are new, the starter should crank like it is new....
 
Putting a jumper cable directly on the positive terminal of the battery and starter... Then try it again with the negative jumper on the starter base and the other on the negative terminal. If your battery and starter are new, the starter should crank like it is new....

Ok I tried that and it spins over just the same. Still slow and almost stops at top compression.
 
Ive had the ACR go out on a K series...may want to do a load test on the battery,i know you can still have 13v,but could fail as soon as you put a load on it,and double check all your double checks,slow down grab a cup of coffee and think about it,..
 
Yeah, if all that has been put up here is true, and I mean "true", then he may very well have a compression release problem,
but I am always skeptical, as I hate seeing anyone waste good money.

Do the same test with the plug out, the dang thing should crank screaming!!! If not, then you need to go back to the start, and
"start" over......
 
Back
Top