Need help with a model 272Belle Meade briggs&stratton pushmower plz.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Need help with a model 272Belle Meade briggs&stratton pushmower plz.
PHP:

Also noticed it doesnt have a prime bulb on it, how would this work? and just asking maybe a procedure to figure it out thanks again.

Why would it not have a prime bulb.........its a automatic choke..!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The first thing I would do is get rid of all of whatever is in the tank, as whatever has been in there for 30 years or so likely won't
burn too well. Go ahead and put some tape on the loose wire end on the tank/carb.Turn the thing upside down on some old cardboard in your neighbor's back yard with the oil and gas cap removed, some paper towels stuffed into the fuel tank,
and let it sit in the sun tomorrow. Later in the after noon, turn it back over, put in fresh 30 weight oil, fresh fuel, a new
Champion J19lm plug, with the air filter screw in the carb and try to start, you just might get it going a bit.

But being real, you will likely have to go through the carb, kit costs @ $5, but wait until you get a good VVVRRROOOOOOM
or two out of it.

The carb setup is likely one of their autochoke carbs, so when/if you get to that point, we can cover that procedure.

yorkjh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why would it not have a prime bulb.........its a automatic choke..!

Once again im learning here. With the automatic choke and again , when its choking its closing the throttle?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Once again im learning here. With the automatic choke and again , when its choking its closing the throttle?

For now go with Fish in post 12, and then come back and let us know how you got on with it.

yorkjh

Forum Newbie
Threads
The first thing I would do is get rid of all of whatever is in the tank, as whatever has been in there for 30 years or so likely won't
burn too well. Go ahead and put some tape on the loose wire end on the tank/carb.Turn the thing upside down on some old cardboard in your neighbor's back yard with the oil and gas cap removed, some paper towels stuffed into the fuel tank,
and let it sit in the sun tomorrow. Later in the after noon, turn it back over, put in fresh 30 weight oil, fresh fuel, a new
Champion J19lm plug, with the air filter screw in the carb and try to start, you just might get it going a bit.

But being real, you will likely have to go through the carb, kit costs @ $5, but wait until you get a good VVVRRROOOOOOM
or two out of it.

The carb setup is likely one of their autochoke carbs, so when/if you get to that point, we can cover that procedure.

Ok ill give it a go and thanx for the input all ill get back to yall and tell ya how it went.

yorkjh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I got it to just about fire up but now every time I try it want the throttle cable is off so was working buy hand to try to get it started. I check the plug and its almost a wet plug every time .

Just put a new plug new oil and fresh gas pulled it first time and cranked right up . Im going to take some degreaser and clean it up real good. I got a new throttle cable for it I need to put on due to it not having one. Im wondering on how to kill the motor once finished using it every time.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just put a new plug new oil and fresh gas pulled it first time and cranked right up . Im going to take some degreaser and clean it up real good. I got a new throttle cable for it I need to put on due to it not having one. Im wondering on how to kill the motor once finished using it every time.

On Choke-A-Matic carburetors, the remote control must be correctly adjusted in order to obtain proper operation of the choke and stop switch, so unless its going to be mounted on powered equipment for normal operating position before any adjustments are made, you can just fit a small toggle switch to the wire and then to ground.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

The throttle control that pivots by the carb and tightens that spring to make the engine run fast or slow, should have a clip thingy on the bottomside, the bare end of the loose wire goes under the spring/clip, so when you move the throttle goes all the way
to SLOW, touches that tang sticking down and grounds out the ignition and shuts down.