My new Craftsman

rer

Threads
from all of those pics it looks like suburban st/16. I say this because of the front end. mine is exact match.

rer

Threads
It turns out it is a Wisconsin engine I believe a 9 hp.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can a moderator add a Sears index under Tractors by brand

Last edited:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
It turns out it is a Wisconsin engine I believe a 9 hp.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can a moderator add a Sears index under Tractors by brand

Well, if you don't know Craftsman is made by Sears..........then your own forum wouldn't do you any good.

Heck, my beloved Wheel Horse is lumped in with the corporate dictators that took it over....Toro. Yet, Lawn Boy is not......(the same fools took it over, too......Toro)

Guess we all have our crosses to bear, man..................:laughing:

Are you SURE it's a Wisconsin? I know they made single cylinders......but did the old guy down the road tell you this, or did you find it? If so, where? These forums are searchable for years, so, give it up - the info that is...:biggrin:....And if it is a Wis........I doubt it's original....never seen or heard of a Suburban with a Wis......but it's not impossible.

rer

Threads
It has been identified Wisconsin from castings, and an ebay pic or 2. AA block Ab 101 head.99% sure Wisconsin aenl Original bore but it needs a new piston soon. I removed the head to find 1/4 of the top ring seat broke off, top ring had been removed:eek:. I suspect by the previous owner. It was running ok but with small knock I now know why. I also read somewhere of a Husky by Sears that came stock with a Wisconsin.

still debating to see how much longer it will run missing a ring, or replacing it now with .020 over.
At least I got some good work out of it before I ran into problems:biggrin: as little as it knocks i could see it running another 20 hours or so.

Yes I know craftsman is made by Sears, but my Sears is not a craftsman.
here is a Wisconsin AENL running mine will be up soon but it will be missing a ringhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn_8UbzeAyI

Last edited:

fastback

Threads
Watched the video it would have been better if it were silent, too many unnecessary adjectives. Wisconson made some good solid engines. I wonder whose horses were used to test the HP :laughing:

fastback

Threads
That is still a pretty solid tractor. Do you have the hood. Yes, I also heard the knock. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. Good luck..

rer

Threads
Thanks for the luck fastback.:frown: I don't have the hood or a grille, but I can buy them off ebay for about 50+shipping. A necessity for a full restore.

rer

Threads
Watched the video it would have been better if it were silent, too many unnecessary adjectives. Wisconson made some good solid engines. I wonder whose horses were used to test the HP :laughing:
Yessir, sorry about that fellows incessant cussing. I tried to edit that link out but am unable to.:confused2: