My first NFL game in person.....

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The owner of the shop where I work is a Buffalo Bills fan. So am I. We are the only two diehards in the whole place :laughing: (The city where I work is just a little over an hour from Buffalo) He can't make next Saturday's game, and he had 4 extra tickets and a parking pass.

TOUCHDOWN! He asked me if I would use them. OH YEAH I CAN!!! These are CLUBHOUSE tickets!! They are $255 apiece. Separate bathrooms, vendors, the works. Glass-enclosed, if it rains or whatever - I'll be nice and dry and comfy. What a way to watch your first NFL game at the stadium!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The owner of the shop where I work is a Buffalo Bills fan. So am I. We are the only two diehards in the whole place :laughing: (The city where I work is just a little over an hour from Buffalo) He can't make next Saturday's game, and he had 4 extra tickets and a parking pass.

TOUCHDOWN! He asked me if I would use them. OH YEAH I CAN!!! These are CLUBHOUSE tickets!! They are $255 apiece. Separate bathrooms, vendors, the works. Glass-enclosed, if it rains or whatever - I'll be nice and dry and comfy. What a way to watch your first NFL game at the stadium!

What a great perk, guess that goes to show what high regard he has for you as an employee....fan or not :thumbsup:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
What a great perk, guess that goes to show what high regard he has for you as an employee....fan or not :thumbsup:

I was flattered and speechless (which is ood in a forum, but not so odd in real life). It would take me THREE WEEKS, paying for nothing else - to save up the dough for what he gave me. He thought of me by name, too.

Humbling, when someone notices you did a great job like this.

It's humbling because you think no one notices what you do, and talk a lot of smak in a shop. :ashamed:

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
So does JD and I meet you at the stadium or are you picking us up?:wink::laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Meet me at the stadium - and if I don't see a kitten and a Massey, all bets are off. :biggrin:

BTW, the kitten and the Massey will be the ones goin in with me - since they are the ones doin all the posting. Oh, and just look for the turtle - he'll be the one with the tickets......

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never been to a NFL game, have parked in the Ford Field parking lot to go to a Tigers baseball game does that count?:laughing: Been to many Tigers games and a whole lot of Red wing games but no Lions. Suppliers used to give me tickets to baseball and hockey but with the economy the way it is you don't see that much anymore.:frown: I guess the way the Lions have played the last few years the suppliers cold not give those tickets away.:laughing: Maybe this is the year for the Lions.:cool:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have never been to a NFL game, have parked in the Ford Field parking lot to go to a Tigers baseball game does that count?:laughing: Been to many Tigers games and a whole lot of Red wing games but no Lions. Suppliers used to give me tickets to baseball and hockey but with the economy the way it is you don't see that much anymore.:frown: I guess the way the Lions have played the last few years the suppliers cold not give those tickets away.:laughing: Maybe this is the year for the Lions.:cool:

Wait, a minute, don't you canucks use "football" in the EU sense? :biggrin:

We aren't big on soccer here........if I were going to a soccer game, don't matter WHERE I sat.....:laughing:

BELIEVE ME - the Bills haven't exactly been in the sports news headlines since the early 1990's and Jim Kelly.......*siiiiiiiigh* I keep waiting for the recession in Buffalo to end.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wait, a minute, don't you canucks use "football" in the EU sense? :biggrin:

We aren't big on soccer here........if I were going to a soccer game, don't matter WHERE I sat.....:laughing:

We call it soccer here, and I'm not into it either. There is the CFL but it is 3 down football never really got into it.:confused2: With the US being so close to me, I grew up watching the NFL.:cool: Used to love the Vikings but enjoy all the teams. Follow NCAA football and Michigan and follow the Patriots because Brady is a Michigan Alum.:biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
We call it soccer here, and I'm not into it either. There is the CFL but it is 3 down football never really got into it.:confused2: With the US being so close to me, I grew up watching the NFL.:cool: Used to love the Vikings but enjoy all the teams. Follow NCAA football and Michigan and follow the Patriots because Brady is a Michigan Alum.:biggrin:

PATRIOTS? That's a dirty word. I'm gonna report you for offending me........:tongue: My sister loves those idiots - and I gotta eat crow year after year. Kinda tastes okay with enough onion powder and salt. :biggrin:

173abn

Threads
Twall,that sounds like a sweet deal.I've been to a few Chiefs games but prefer to watch games on tv.Too many people doing too many stupid things for me to go to the stadium.Besides it costs way too much when you figure all the add ons.The parking alone cost $26.00 and lets not even start with the food and drinks.But those boxoffice seats might just be the ticket to watching a good game,have fun...russ