Mowing in the rain

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
It is not the best idea. It tends to squish the grass, leave ruts all over the place, large amounts of grass stick under the deck and then they creat a grass pie on the ground. It is true that it isn't good.

I've never heard of an YBravo. Is it just a Canadian brand? How well do they operate?? Pros and cons??

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ybravo is a rather new company based in the U.S.

The mower cuts very well and performs good. On 2nd speed it is a monster. PM me for more info. I know this mower inside out and own the 21" with the Kawi motor.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not mowing in the rain but playing in it.

This is a old rally.
Runs about 40 mph and lots of fun in the mud

image-218484244.jpg

Attachments

• image-349286491.jpg
    image-349286491.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 24

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Not mowing in the rain but playing in it.

This is a old rally.
Runs about 40 mph and lots of fun in the mud

View attachment 22644

That is cool. I have an old Murray mower out in my "tractor junkyard", and it looks suitable for a muddin mower.

Just have to find time, I have too many things to do. This weekend I'm haying.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got to my first yard and my dang mower is to wet to start. Guess I will use the blower to try and dry it out.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Many years ago I saw someone sliding down a really wet hill on a Craftsman II tractor, 16/44, the were holding on to it for dear life.

OneMowTime

Threads
Got to my first yard and my dang mower is to wet to start. Guess I will use the blower to try and dry it out.

I've never heard of a mower being too wet to start! Did water get into the intake? The only other thing I can think of would be the magneto shorting out.

Many years ago I saw someone sliding down a really wet hill on a Craftsman II tractor, 16/44, the were holding on to it for dear life.

I did that once on a Dixon Z-turn! Pulling back on the handles with wheels going full speed in reverse while careening forward down the hillside. I looked like Tom Burlinson in the Man From Snowy River! :eek: