Mowing in the rain

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't even know how good my mowers cut dry grass. It's better then being dry and dust and dirt flying everywhere.

I took the gator blades off and put high lift on.

toywizard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Who here mows when it rains? I try to not mow when it rains.
Right now, it is raining here, nothing intense, but it is just no fun to mow in the rain. The job isnt as nice either.

I have read (dont remember where) that its not good to mow in the rain, tears the grass.

Dont know if its true. I found it is great to mow in the rain but I dont want to hurt my lawn.
any thoughts?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have read (dont remember where) that its not good to mow in the rain, tears the grass.

Dont know if its true. I found it is great to mow in the rain but I dont want to hurt my lawn.
any thoughts?

It is not the best idea. It tends to squish the grass, leave ruts all over the place, large amounts of grass stick under the deck and then they creat a grass pie on the ground. It is true that it isn't good.

earthworm

Threads
We need improvements .. Better blades, better mowers, and much better yards .
The rain we have to live with ..
My yard is a "case in point" .
Its lousy !
Many low points and semi-sink holes .. and poor grass (mostly weeds) ..Was never done correctly 75 years ago ..And I doubt if I am the only one .. A "nice" yard can be costly ...
If we must mow during a rain , we can either/or set the blades higher and change them ..

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I don't mind mowing when it is sprinkling, done it plenty of times, but if it is raining hard or pouring, I won't mow at all. I always check the weather before I go to a job.

gfp55

Threads
If I start cutting and get most of it done and its not raining to hard I just finish in the rain to get it all done. I don't if its lighting out. But thats just me.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lightning is usually the least of my worries lol. Plenty of trees, houses, power poles to attract the lightning around me. I will mow until i start tearing the lawns up. And i have a really lightweight mower so i have never been rained out,

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just mow if it's raining. The bank don't care they just want it cut.
I have cut yards in a light snow. I had a yard was late one time told the bank I did it yesterday. Went there the next day to cut it and it was covered in snow. Well a half inch.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I just mow if it's raining. The bank don't care they just want it cut.
I have cut yards in a light snow. I had a yard was late one time told the bank I did it yesterday. Went there the next day to cut it and it was covered in snow. Well a half inch.[/QUOTE

I had an appointment to go mow a lawn at a doctor's office for the next day, and the next day I walk outside and there is an inch of snow on the lawn. I called the doctor's office and asked if they wanted the lawn shoveled :) They laughed and then I went there a day and 1/2 later to mow. I never saw snow until 2 months later, Time to get the plows, sanders, shovels, and the snowblowers! Give the summer equipment a long nice nap.)

OneMowTime

Threads
Who here mows when it rains? I try to not mow when it rains.
Right now, it is raining here, nothing intense, but it is just no fun to mow in the rain. The job isnt as nice either.

How does your YBravo 21 do in wet grass? I'm thinking of getting one to replace my old Honda HRC216, which does quite well in wet grass. I've never tried a YBravo, but I hear they are supposed to be up to the same standards.