Mower no start

shadetree#1

Threads
Does your owners manual show a Tecumseh part number for the starter?

Does your starter have a Tecumseh part number on the casting or otherwise?
(tecumseh sometimes has a part number stamped on their starter. See if the number on the starter matches the part number on your owners manual parts list and post up the info)

Sometimes you can locate a starter/alternator/generator repair/rebuild shop that has been in business for long time and get a repair estimate or tips on re-glueing the magnet. The magnet has to be re-installed with the SAME exact POLARITY as before. If re-building that starter the commutator needs tested on a growler to see if it's ok so as to know YOU are not whipping on a dead horse.

noquacks

Threads
Does your owners manual show a Tecumseh part number for the starter?

Does your starter have a Tecumseh part number on the casting or otherwise?
(tecumseh sometimes has a part number stamped on their starter. See if the number on the starter matches the part number on your owners manual parts list and post up the info)

Sometimes you can locate a starter/alternator/generator repair/rebuild shop that has been in business for long time and get a repair estimate or tips on re-glueing the magnet. The magnet has to be re-installed with the SAME exact POLARITY as before. If re-building that starter the commutator needs tested on a growler to see if it's ok so as to know YOU are not whipping on a dead horse.

My Owners manual for the tecumseh is simply a large sheet, folded 4 ways, and contains no part #'s for any parts. The starter has 2 #'s underneath it- posted in post #54. I looked around but found no such #'s, even on the Tecumseh site.

shadetree#1

Threads
Here is some info you might re-
search.
You posted your Tecumseh engine is a 206820B
I see the OEM 730326 is NLA
BUT
universal replacement
435351 is available and replaces 37425, 36914, 730326

In post #54 you posted this number as stamped on your starter.
I've had good luck with db electric starter and they show one here at this link. You might contact dbelectric to make sure this is a replacement for yours. Make sure the bendix gear teeth match etc.
AND
on fleece bay by dbelectric link

noquacks

Threads
Decided to take it to a local starter rebuild shop nearby, like shadetree said, one that I have used years ago. They glued it (cured overnight). Mower starts right up now! No more chasing ghosts. I mowed my overgrown lawn! Yahoo!

Anyway, thanks so much people, for all your advice/support. What a long project that was.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for getting back
A learning curve is what it was and a good one to boot
Just sorry it took so long but I did not want to butt into a thread that others were working through

White dexter

Forum Newbie
Threads
With the fuel being 4months old the antibackfire solenoid (bottom of the Carb bowl) could be stuck in the closed position not allowing fuel to flow into main jet. Also check the main fuse, I've seen them blow when attempting to jump start the battery.