Mower Humor

Honest Abe

Threads
Not yet anyhow. Is it just me that thinks this bridge /ship crash looks possibly suspicious ?
ahhh come now, you wouldn't want to be known as one of those conspiracy people. Now would we ;-)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
ahhh come now, you wouldn't want to be known as one of those conspiracy people. Now would we ;-)
the only conspiracey there would be port official taking back handers to allow a dangerous ship to leave the port .
When we had only governments running ports there were next to no vessel defect problems
Then we sold off the running of ports to private enterprise and we have 3 or 4 major incidents like this every year
Usually a ship loosing power & running aground .
The ship was obviously defective with faulty power supply system or they had too many refrigerated containers on board drawing too much power from the ships generation system.
At one time Australia made all of the container refrigeration plants insured through LLoyds of London .
A friend of mine had a business x-raying parts of the refrigeration/ freezing plants
Boring as bat shit but he made enough to buy a very large house . Did a couple of shifts to help him out a couple of times but 5 views of 300 4" long con rods is not fun .
Lots of the older units do not have soft start compressors so draw really big amps x 100 or so and you are way beyond the ships generation capacity.
People forget that on board they all have to be plugged into the ships power supply, usually some massive batteries ( to take high start up loads ) which are in turn hooked up to the ships generation system and we are talking in the thousands of amps , on a ship exposed to salt water spray , all hooked up via miles of power leads which are supposed to be certified each & every loading.
Good thing is the ship did not sink so if t was just a silly electrical fault then it will be easy to find out .
OTOH it will also be easy to cover up because we are talking of a massive bill , just for all of the now a touch on the ripe side not so cold refirigerated container loads and then there is the bridge followed by demurrage . Will come to more than the GDP of several small nations .
Then there is the question of the pylon buffers which were obviously way to small, so again some one has been skimping as they are supposed to have a 100% safety factor . So they were probably fine when the bridge was built but needed some modifications as ships became this sort of size .
One of the down sides of republican small government policy . Imagine convincing MTG that you needed 500 marine structural engineers sitting in offices all day every day just checking that bridges comply the drawing up plans for upgrades . Definitely a useless back office job than can go to help balance the budget

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I mowed half the lawn yesterday before I realized the deck was in the high "transport" position. Was curious as to why the grass was so tall?
Well at you still had grass left. Try mowing with one my mowers with the deck in the all the way down position. Nothing dirt left behind. Now that is fully scalping the lawn.