Mower Humor

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's funny. But would not want it under my truck.. I just see that possibly getting knocked off & the oil gushing out.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! I'm trying to hang onto what hair I have.. LOL

Lawn Addict
Threads
me = one of the 5%. But as I age, that is subject to changes.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
me = one of the 5%. But as I age, that is subject to changes.

That old John Deere of mine (LX188, with the 2cyl, & radiator engine) started tapping loud and fast. (RPM fast). It's been sitting all winter like that. And I haven't touched it. Now the weeds are starting to come up, and I know I've got to get on it.
But I just can't seem to get myself in gear.
This time last year, It would've already been done. I'd have had a couple of used mowers ready to sell.
But this year......... Not so much.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now come on...I done gone thru six engines and four ZTRs already and I have lost a month and a half due to weather and a horsepital stay. Back up near normal now but still only putting 6 of the normal 10 hr days. Taking my time to recoup from the horsepital stay.

Matter of fact I pulled a part a Z925A yesterday. I still got to oil seals and coil on the engine those are on order. And the main problem is fix the engine deck.
1709641500430.png
The PTO anti rotation hole is slap worn out requiring grind down and a heavy washer welded in place. At least I can line up the hole correctly as I got the pattern visible.

Not even going to try fix and sell used mowers here as the buyers are only wanting to buy at yard sale prices. Everytime I get in an used mower I just put it in the scrap pile for parts.

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now come on...I done gone thru six engines and four ZTRs already and I have lost a month and a half due to weather and a horsepital stay. Back up near normal now but still only putting 6 of the normal 10 hr days. Taking my time to recoup from the horsepital stay.

Matter of fact I pulled a part a Z925A yesterday. I still got to oil seals and coil on the engine those are on order. And the main problem is fix the engine deck.
View attachment 67941
The PTO anti rotation hole is slap worn out requiring grind down and a heavy washer welded in place. At least I can line up the hole correctly as I got the pattern visible.

Not even going to try fix and sell used mowers here as the buyers are only wanting to buy at yard sale prices. Everytime I get in an used mower I just put it in the scrap pile for parts.

There's way more money in selling used equipment than repairs. Just sayin.