Mower Humor

Semtex

Threads
Post your funny images, videos, jokes and riddles to do with mowers, lawn equipment and lawn care in general. ???
I will start the thread off with a few.

Hedge Trimmer
tumblr_m4uq5kOHRo1qasthro1_500.jpg

View attachment 12547
Is the lateral or horizontal thinking?

fritz1255

Threads
I don't have a picture, just a story. I do the "trim" mowing with a steel deck Snapper from the 1990's. The mower is so heavy that it takes two of us to lift it into the car if we need to bring it somewhere. I was away on a business trip, so my wife decided to cut the grass. Later, she complained about how hard it was to push. I asked her if she had used the self-propelled feature. You guessed it, no. She must have built some muscles that day.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
THIS might be better than an OEM filter. Put a little SAE 30w on her and give it a squeeze. Has two stages of ultra cleanness. Probably cheaper than most filters too. Little trimming to fit the housing.......

Forget K&N, the wife's kitchen sponges are the new hot rod filter.

Okay all jokes aside, what would be wrong with this if it was trimmed proper to fit and oiled?

slomo

Last edited:

winmod21

Threads
We had one of those Craftsman 22" 6.75 Eager-1 self-propelled lawn mowers' w/Tecumseh engine. One day it wouldn't start before I discovered it had a blown cylinder head gasket. Found one online at searspartsdirect; OEM; great price (I think approx $7); arrived in a couple days.

I set the mower up on a table I hastily constructed in the garage from sawhorses & half a solid core door blank. My Shining Bride came out to watch my amazing mechanical skills in action.

While cleaning the cylinder head and gasket surfaces, I somewhat smugly showed her my classic Craftsman 1/2" torque wrench I had found at Hardwick & Sons over 20 years ago, as I confidently explained what it was for, and how important it was to torque bolts to their correct torque values &c!
And saying, Yeah, Sweetie, I've had this ol' 1/2" Craftsman torque wrench here since I was a mere teenager! Yeah, I've been using this trusty ol' torque wrench for some 20 or 30 years! Yep. Prolly on too many vehicles to even count. *smug sniff & nod of a pro*

She was impressed.

Then I told her she'd have to wait a few moments—while I went to check the torque value specs—before being even more impressed by witnessing it and me in action as I performed incredible mechanical feats of torqueing.

I took a quick glance at the tech manual; the torque value spec showed: 200 lbs.

After returning to the garage and adjusted the torque wrench up to 200 lbs, I recall saying something like . . . Hmmm, I haven't torqued anything to this high of a torque setting for a long time, if ever!

Then while ratcheting the head bolts in their torque sequence pattern—several times, over and over, and over without the TW clicking—I recall repeating something like . . . Hmm, this seems really tight for these bolts!?. . . while my Shining Bride was still watching me, still looking impressed, still with that look of: Oooh! That's my man. Fixin' our lawnmower!

Then as I continued ratcheting we both heard the sharp report of the aluminum cylinder head crack. ? ? ?

Hmmm, I said, as I noticed the crack. Um, I think I'll go double-check the torque spec.

200 in-lbs . . INCH POUNDS ! ? = 16.6 ft-lbs = 22.5 N-m

I didn't even own or know anything about in-lbs & N-m torque wrenches at the time!

New cylinder head . . . $40

Another cylinder head gasket . . . $7

Paying close and proper attention to the specifications, while not being so over-confident you forget to exercise some good ol' common sense for crying out loud, so to avoid looking like a complete and total idiot . . . Priceless !

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
LOL!!
i'm surprised the threads didn't strip out before the head cracked!