Morbid humor

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I retired back in late 2002, I began keeping a list on my Blackberry memo pad as a reminder when someone I formerly knew during my career passed away. This morning I entered the 30th name, which really bothered me, it shouldn't, because I knew about 2,500 people when I was working.

Well, I was telling my good friend about an hour ago that it really bothered me when I saw someone's name, one that I recognized, in the obituaries column in the newpaper, know what he told me?

QUOTE: "As long as I don't see my name there, it doesn't bother me at all....."

What makes it so funny is that he probably never will......:laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

Oddball

Threads
I have a dark sense of humor. I always have, so that strikes me as funny as well. I've had people tell me I was being insensitive more than once because of my humor, but I figure if you can find the humor during the bad times, you'll be a happier person.

Duffer72

Threads
When I was young and went to weddings old ladies used to bump me and say "your next" now when I go to a funeral and see them I say the same thing to them!!

Good thing about old age is it won't last long

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I was young and went to weddings old ladies used to bump me and say "your next" now when I go to a funeral and see them I say the same thing to them!!

And to think some of the folks here think I am nasty....:laughing:

Want to define "old age" for us?

Oddball

Threads

Oh, now that's just mean. Funny, but mean. I could never do it, but I'd like to witness that just once.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads

How cruel of you! :eek:

Had me in stitches though... :laughing:

Jetblast

Threads
Want to define "old age" for us?

Twenty years older than I am at any given time is old age. Ten years older than I am at any given time is "getting up there". I think that's how a lot of us look at it.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd say 50+ would suffice :laughing:

FIFTY PLUS IS OLD....boy just wait until you turn 50, you will be telling everybody you just started middle age....FIFTY IS NOT OLD, it's PRE-ELDERLY.

I turned 60 a month ago, can still get up at 5 am and do a full day's work of hard, manual labor, and get up the next day at 5 am and repeat that work. Heck, I don't feel any older than 40 most of the time.