Montgomery Ward Mower

akgerald

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've inherited a montgomery ward (1980s?) mower from a relative. It's in great condition, but doesn't have any gas in it and we've never tried to see if it starts. We just went ahead and replaced it with a newer model.

Is this mower worth anything or should I leave it on the curb for someone to pick up? The person who had it took great care of it and sharpened the blades every year, etc., but it's been just sitting around since. Not sure what to do with it...thoughts?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've inherited a montgomery ward (1980s?) mower from a relative. It's in great condition, but doesn't have any gas in it and we've never tried to see if it starts. We just went ahead and replaced it with a newer model.

Is this mower worth anything or should I leave it on the curb for someone to pick up? The person who had it took great care of it and sharpened the blades every year, etc., but it's been just sitting around since. Not sure what to do with it...thoughts?

Is it a push? Self-propelled? Rider? I'd personally LOVE to see some pics.......if I were close enough to pick it up when you threw it away - I'd tell someone else to get it. I can't have any more mowers than what I've got......:frown:

But, MW went outa business long long time ago - so if it's in good shape - IMHO, it's a keeper! :thumbsup:

akgerald

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is it a push? Self-propelled? Rider? I'd personally LOVE to see some pics.......if I were close enough to pick it up when you threw it away - I'd tell someone else to get it. I can't have any more mowers than what I've got......:frown:

But, MW went outa business long long time ago - so if it's in good shape - IMHO, it's a keeper! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Twall. I'll put some pics up this evening. It's self-propelled. 3.5 HP. I'm not sure if I should craigslist it, ebay it, or junk it. Thanks for the advice!

benski

Threads
My wild guess is that that MW was manufactured for MW by MTD. You might find someone ( a rabid collector:wink:) that really NEEDS one of those, but they may be few and far between. Stick it in your local Craigslist for $30.00 and see what happens.:biggrin: