Mgt2000h.

Mgt2000h

Forum Newbie
Hi guys. I’m not sure if I’m in the right place to ask this question but thought I’d give it a whirl. I have a snapper mgt200h withe the 20 hp kohler. Went to start it the other day and it turned over a few times then the key went dead. Battery is good and ignition tests out ok as does the starter. I have a question. Is the item in the picture a start- run capacitor? Or something else?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 3
Check battery voltage while turning the key to the start position. If battery voltage drops below 10 VDC the battery is shot and needs replacement. Wouldn’t be the first time the battery reads good, but drops under load.
 
So, you say the key went dead. Is there no sound at all when you turn it to start? You say battery is good, how did you test? When is the last time the battery/solenoid/starter wires connections were cleaned? That usually causes slow cranking, but is worth doing any time you're wondering if there's enough juice getting to the starter.
 
Back
Top