Lowballers!

mowerman05

Threads
Ric , just read your other thread Humm breaking into the lawncare business. Very interesting reading

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Motoman I agree with everything you said, the guy probably wont be in business long but long enough to mess someone else or another business up. You are correct in saying they're close or below breakeven points and don't know it, and they depend on there daily cash flow keeps them afloat, that's exactly what they want. What they will eventually end up doing is working for the banks or HUD doing foreclosures because they don't have equipment needed or are not able to do any type commercial or residential work. The big problem with lowballers finally going out of business is when they do there's two more to take his place and for the guys that have the legit business and has had for a number of years busting his hump it becomes a battle he can't win.

I love doing HUD homes $45 for a 20 min yard.
Doing 86 this week. Don't have deal with homeowners.
Guys in most neighborhoods that i cut HUD homes in only get $25 to $30 a yard.
That's what most people don't understand is HUD pays more than a homeowner will pay.
I did 18 yards today with my what you call junk equipment. I use what I use because that's what I like and want to use. For years I did residential woke up one day and said I don't want it anymore so I sold my residential company this past December doing HUD homes is relaxing and good easy money. In two years I will retire and sub all my yards out.

Everything I have is paid for and has paid for it self.
Most guys out there with the big mowers cutting yards for $25 take 2 years to pay for it. Pay no taxes have no insurance. To do HUD you have to have insurance and workers comp.

10 grand for a mower at $25 a yard is just dumb

My cub cost $1200 I will sell it in November for $500 and buy a new one for next year.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric , just read your other thread Humm breaking into the lawncare business. Very interesting reading

Yeah there were a lot of good reply's and some very interesting points of view.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I love doing HUD homes $45 for a 20 min yard.
Doing 86 this week. Don't have deal with homeowners.
Guys in most neighborhoods that i cut HUD homes in only get $25 to $30 a yard.
That's what most people don't understand is HUD pays more than a homeowner will pay.
I did 18 yards today with my what you call junk equipment. I use what I use because that's what I like and want to use. For years I did residential woke up one day and said I don't want it anymore so I sold my residential company this past December doing HUD homes is relaxing and good easy money. In two years I will retire and sub all my yards out.

Everything I have is paid for and has paid for it self.
Most guys out there with the big mowers cutting yards for $25 take 2 years to pay for it. Pay no taxes have no insurance. To do HUD you have to have insurance and workers comp.

10 grand for a mower at $25 a yard is just dumb

My cub cost $1200 I will sell it in November for $500 and buy a new one for next year.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Must be a lot different there then here. The guys here that do them don't have any insurance or workman's comp and I talked to a few and there getting like 7 to 10 a yard. If you're lucky enough you can get hired to one of the bigger outfits that sub out the homes and those guys don't even need equipment, it's all supplied. They show up and get a truck, trailer, a ZTR, trimmer and hand held blower and a camera and all the gas they need they don't buy a thing. They are handed a list of 100 yards and have 5 days to complete the list if they don't they don't take them back. You can keep the bank owned and HUD homes.

BHLC

Threads
I made a good deal of money on those homes last year. Of the 10 homes I was doing (they wanted me to do more, I was too busy) I brought in over $5k just doing them. They pay based on grass height, if it was too long for the z I'd charge them a trip charge then give them a brush hog quote. It was a good little bonus, and I found their prices were often times higher than what I would have charged! Guess I know where a lot of my tax dollars are going!

Attachments

• image-1941846228.jpg
    image-1941846228.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image-2854535142.jpg
    image-2854535142.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image-1471951811.jpg
    image-1471951811.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image-3583085548.jpg
    image-3583085548.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image-3288741888.jpg
    image-3288741888.jpg
    868.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image-1725317862.jpg
    image-1725317862.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 9

mowerman05

Threads
forclosed homes around here dont pay very much as well. Its not worth hitting something with your mower in the grass for a few bucks and then be down a piece of equipment thats needed to complete the days work. My mowers are made to cut grass not be used as a brush hog, they cost way to much to misuse them.

BHLC

Threads
That's why if they're too long I get my brush hog