Looking for pants recommendations for hot weather work.

JimPap

Threads
  • / Looking for pants recommendations for hot weather work.
O.K. stupid topic.

But wearing blue jeans while working all day outside in the heat is getting to be a bit much.

What do you guys recommend/wear when out working?

I'm a bit concerned about long term sun exposure and skin cancer so I'm looking for long pants and not shorts.

Thanks and please respond when you stop laughing.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
LOL Hey I'm in Florida and I wear cargo shorts and tees while working or mowing lawns everyday. But really it isn't a stupid question because there are those that are prone to getting to much sun so this question could be very helpful to a lot of people.:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
O.K. stupid topic.

But wearing blue jeans while working all day outside in the heat is getting to be a bit much.

What do you guys recommend/wear when out working?

I'm a bit concerned about long term sun exposure and skin cancer so I'm looking for long pants and not shorts.

Thanks and please respond when you stop laughing.

I have family and friends that have Melanoma or skin cancer which is directly linked to over-exposure to the sun's UV ray's without sunscreen protection...so I'm not even smiling at your question. I err on the side of caution just like yourself and have a bimini sunshade on my ZTR(and had one on my previous lawn tractor), apply SPF 50+ sunscreen to exposed skin and I prefer wearing what my wife calls "parachute pants" which are the nylon-based exercise pants. You can find them with "fishnet" liners(similar to what is in a swimsuit) or sometimes without a liner at all. I don't find them to be the least bit uncomfortable even when mowing in 90 degree weather in July/August. Mowing grass doesn't require you to be fashion conscious. Let others laugh.....just don't let over-exposure to the sun compromise your health and well-being!!!!!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thin khaki cargo pants will work. If you want to spend the extra $ you can get the kind with the crocth vent and mesh pockets to allow ventilation. Also don't wear tight underwear :) will result in sbs (sweaty ball syndrome)

Me personally I have thin khaki cargo pants with zip off's I start the day with pants and when I get warm I zip off the bottom and now I have shorts.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I use those cheap cotton PJ's,seems like every store carries them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If your seriously looking for protection from the sun this is what you want to use. ( BICYCLE CLOTHING ) You can laugh if you want but I can tell you from experience the clothing works great and you can buy the pants too match.

Perfect for hot rides, the Sun Pro II bike jersey from Performance guards against harmful UV rays with its built-in UPF 50+ sun protection. Fast-wicking fabric provides dry comfort no matter how high the mercury rides. Mesh underarms offer strategic ventilation, silicone gripper hem stays put and reflective seams keep you visible long after the sun sets. Three back pockets carry essentials.

BHLC

Threads
Carhartt pants and company tees. I want my legs protected. Trucks have ac to cool down between jobs

JimPap

Threads
If your seriously looking for protection from the sun this is what you want to use. ( BICYCLE CLOTHING ) You can laugh if you want but I can tell you from experience the clothing works great and you can buy the pants too match.

Perfect for hot rides, the Sun Pro II bike jersey from Performance guards against harmful UV rays with its built-in UPF 50+ sun protection. Fast-wicking fabric provides dry comfort no matter how high the mercury rides. Mesh underarms offer strategic ventilation, silicone gripper hem stays put and reflective seams keep you visible long after the sun sets. Three back pockets carry essentials.

This sounds more in line with what I'm trying to find.

I haven't had any luck finding Sun Pro II.

Is there another name they go by?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

LoCo86

Threads
O.K. stupid topic. But wearing blue jeans while working all day outside in the heat is getting to be a bit much. What do you guys recommend/wear when out working? I'm a bit concerned about long term sun exposure and skin cancer so I'm looking for long pants and not shorts. Thanks and please respond when you stop laughing.

Personally I use lightweight military pants. They are stain resistant and have a water resistant coating which I know for a fact will stand up to long periods in a light rain. They are breathable and have rip stop fabric. You can get them in all kinds of colors. Also I wear under armour compression underwear that wicks away moisture for long hot days and keeps everything in place. And for shirts I wear under armour military tees. This combo works great for the hot humid days. Don't get me wrong you will still sweat but I breaths very well and you can definitely tell a difference.