Export thread

Looking for pants recommendations for hot weather work.

J

JimPap

O.K. stupid topic.

But wearing blue jeans while working all day outside in the heat is getting to be a bit much.

What do you guys recommend/wear when out working?

I'm a bit concerned about long term sun exposure and skin cancer so I'm looking for long pants and not shorts.

Thanks and please respond when you stop laughing.

Ric

Ric

LOL Hey I'm in Florida and I wear cargo shorts and tees while working or mowing lawns everyday. But really it isn't a stupid question because there are those that are prone to getting to much sun so this question could be very helpful to a lot of people.:thumbsup:

djdicetn

djdicetn

O.K. stupid topic.

But wearing blue jeans while working all day outside in the heat is getting to be a bit much.

What do you guys recommend/wear when out working?

I'm a bit concerned about long term sun exposure and skin cancer so I'm looking for long pants and not shorts.

Thanks and please respond when you stop laughing.

I have family and friends that have Melanoma or skin cancer which is directly linked to over-exposure to the sun's UV ray's without sunscreen protection...so I'm not even smiling at your question. I err on the side of caution just like yourself and have a bimini sunshade on my ZTR(and had one on my previous lawn tractor), apply SPF 50+ sunscreen to exposed skin and I prefer wearing what my wife calls "parachute pants" which are the nylon-based exercise pants. You can find them with "fishnet" liners(similar to what is in a swimsuit) or sometimes without a liner at all. I don't find them to be the least bit uncomfortable even when mowing in 90 degree weather in July/August. Mowing grass doesn't require you to be fashion conscious. Let others laugh.....just don't let over-exposure to the sun compromise your health and well-being!!!!!

exotion

exotion

Thin khaki cargo pants will work. If you want to spend the extra $ you can get the kind with the crocth vent and mesh pockets to allow ventilation. Also don't wear tight underwear :) will result in sbs (sweaty ball syndrome)

Me personally I have thin khaki cargo pants with zip off's I start the day with pants and when I get warm I zip off the bottom and now I have shorts.

chemingthroughtheleather

chemingthroughtheleather

I use those cheap cotton PJ's,seems like every store carries them.

Ric

Ric

If your seriously looking for protection from the sun this is what you want to use. ( BICYCLE CLOTHING ) You can laugh if you want but I can tell you from experience the clothing works great and you can buy the pants too match.

Perfect for hot rides, the Sun Pro II bike jersey from Performance guards against harmful UV rays with its built-in UPF 50+ sun protection. Fast-wicking fabric provides dry comfort no matter how high the mercury rides. Mesh underarms offer strategic ventilation, silicone gripper hem stays put and reflective seams keep you visible long after the sun sets. Three back pockets carry essentials.

BHLC

BHLC

Carhartt pants and company tees. I want my legs protected. Trucks have ac to cool down between jobs

J

JimPap

If your seriously looking for protection from the sun this is what you want to use. ( BICYCLE CLOTHING ) You can laugh if you want but I can tell you from experience the clothing works great and you can buy the pants too match.

Perfect for hot rides, the Sun Pro II bike jersey from Performance guards against harmful UV rays with its built-in UPF 50+ sun protection. Fast-wicking fabric provides dry comfort no matter how high the mercury rides. Mesh underarms offer strategic ventilation, silicone gripper hem stays put and reflective seams keep you visible long after the sun sets. Three back pockets carry essentials.

This sounds more in line with what I'm trying to find.

I haven't had any luck finding Sun Pro II.

Is there another name they go by?

Ric

Ric

This sounds more in line with what I'm trying to find.

I haven't had any luck finding Sun Pro II.

Is there another name they go by?

The thing you have too keep in mind is this clothing is cycling stuff or gear. They have all type of clothing for all kinds of weather. Try looking at

Find Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Bike Shoes Or Your Local Bike Store at Performance.

[url]http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/TopCategories_10053_10052_-1

[/URL]

L

LoCo86

O.K. stupid topic. But wearing blue jeans while working all day outside in the heat is getting to be a bit much. What do you guys recommend/wear when out working? I'm a bit concerned about long term sun exposure and skin cancer so I'm looking for long pants and not shorts. Thanks and please respond when you stop laughing.

Personally I use lightweight military pants. They are stain resistant and have a water resistant coating which I know for a fact will stand up to long periods in a light rain. They are breathable and have rip stop fabric. You can get them in all kinds of colors. Also I wear under armour compression underwear that wicks away moisture for long hot days and keeps everything in place. And for shirts I wear under armour military tees. This combo works great for the hot humid days. Don't get me wrong you will still sweat but I breaths very well and you can definitely tell a difference.

P

panabiker

Google for "hiking pants". Most hiking pants will suit your need. They are made of light, strong, non-cotton fabric that allows sweat to evaporate quickly and keep you cool. Some of them are rated for UV protection. The "convertible" ones can become shorts if the weather is really hot and humid. They are good for many outdoor activities.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Summer pajama pants or BDU's, keep you cool and the sun away.
Now the Carhartt Khaki's are really nice and you would look better for clients, but one word of advice order them 1 inch longer than what you normally wear because they will shrink up an inch on the length.

exotion

exotion

Google for "hiking pants". Most hiking pants will suit your need. They are made of light, strong, non-cotton fabric that allows sweat to evaporate quickly and keep you cool. Some of them are rated for UV protection. The "convertible" ones can become shorts if the weather is really hot and humid. They are good for many outdoor activities.

This is what I use love convertable pants hiking pants love them year round

I also have some carhartt pants will agree 100% on 1in even possibly 2 in longer

Vervepipes

Vervepipes

I wear thin cargo pants I got from Old Navy, they're thin enough that you can feel a breeze go through so they're very comfy in hot weather. Another option is surplus desert combat pants.

S

ss69

I've had workers who trim most of the day wearing shorts. As for me, I could not stand for the scrap to hit my legs. It just feels so yucky on my legs. And if I mow wearing shorts, my legs will blister in 2 hours of sun.

X-man

X-man

Jeans and bright colored shirt for visibility.

I only wear shorts when it gets really hot out (like 90°) but other than that I wear jeans. I can't stand it when I'm running the weed whacker and grass gets all over my legs. I shower in the morning so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

X-man

X-man

...And if I mow wearing shorts, my legs will blister in 2 hours of sun.

My arms, neck and face never burns because they're so used to being exposed to the sun.

The rest of me fries like an egg. I become a lobster.

13obrienjo

Over exposer to the sun is pretty serious, i always were long pants, a hat, sunglass's, and gloves, and a lot of days a light long sleve shirt. A girl in my younger sisters graduating class is dieing of skin cancer from over exposure to the sun. Just like that she found out her junior year she might not make it to her senior year because she spent to much time at the beach (she ended up walking at graduation, not sure what happened to her).