look what the neighbor drug in my garage/

ice

Threads
There are engines without throttles from the factory, yours may be one.

Does the handle (that you would hold on to) have a throttle lever? If not, you don't have an adjustable throttle.

The second picture, with the pen and drive wheel, spring doesn't look right. Is the outside end of that cable bolted down to the frame? Also, when it is activated / pulled, does it tighten the belt?

Hi SRTsFZ6
the spring with the pen in the 2 nd picture is on a mount sloted to fit the cable. I will take a better pic tonight But yes When i push hand leaver down it tightens the belt and the mower moves forward.

ice

Threads
I don't think you have a throttle control on the handle ..... Most of those type mowers are just one speed ..... I don't think that is the right spring..... It looks odd......

I don't remember all what you did to that mower... Did you go thru the carb and give it a good cleaning with a kit ????

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!
Hi Boudreaux,
I did take off the bowl and cleand out the bolt with a sweing pin. I dont think it is the carb becuse it runs. I do think It is the linkage though.
Even with the factory numbers i can not seem to find the model i have . I would like to see detail pictures of the carb and the linkage.I need to order the air filter also.maybe a new carb also if need be.

ice

Threads
DSCN1854.jpgDSCN1852.jpgDSCN1851.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Carb linkages appear to be in the correct positions, the small spring is stretched out of shape and so the engine may not be running at the correct rpm. and that is a single fixed speed engine, looks like the vertical tab that is connects to has been bent to try to compensate for lack of spring control. So if you replace that spring you will need to readjust the engine rpm.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As stated, the carb has the linkage hooked up correctly, but it definitely needs to be removed and given a good cleaning. I would replace the needle and seat (part number 631021B) and that air filter ( part number 36905) which has not been serviced in years. Until you do so you’ll be just wasting your time. Your statement, “it runs so it can’t be the carb” is totally wrong as the carb is not working properly if you must play with the throttle.

ice

Threads
Thank you all so much:thumbsup::wink: for all your help.
I think I will just replace the whole carb if anyone knows the carb part number i would be most thankful. If I order the whole carb will it come with a new spring?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Carb part number 640350 price around $60.
Spring number 36281 price around $5
Needle and seat 631021B price around &5
Air filter number 36905 price around $15
Gasket number 25756 price around $6
Manual on this site. https://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Te...P-4-CYCLE-L-HEAD-FLAT-HEAD-ENGINES-692509.pdf

Carb will not come with the spring, must order separately. You are running yourself in circles not knowing how everything works together. Read the manual first and then decide how to proceed. Don’t second guess the techs on this site, they have seen your unit many times and know from experience what they are telling you. The problem you are describing is very common, as is the solution.

ice

Threads
Thank you so much, Mr.Rivets
You are so right- I am going in circles. I will order the parts as you recommend. Thank you so much for your and all on here for there expertise. I will post when the parts come in next week- again many thanks to this site and the people here that help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you order the carb you don’t need the needle and seat, and vice/versa.