LMF having a break down ?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why ? Why ?

It can be a tricky proposition because if you pick someone, it has to be someone you can trust to make the right choices when something comes up and the person who is chosen to be a moderator has to trust in the administration to back them up. (two way street there)

When you start playing with a members post chances are that it's going to be for something that shouldn't have been posted or vulgarity or something to that effect and the first thing you'll here will be there protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed as we've seen happen here on occasion.
Now remember and this is where a moderators job becomes fun because not only is he deciding what to do about this post but he also has to decide whether or not to delete posts from well-meaning folks which have the unintended effect of encouraging the OP.

Being a moderator isn't a fun and it's all about making the right choices. Ask yourself a question who would you like to see become a forum moderator here, my personal belief is someone like say KennyV would be good, but Kenny is what I would call a high ranking respected member here with a good reputation and to take the job of moderator could possibly destroy that reputation. So who do you pick, believe me I can see Muhammed problem.

Last edited:

Wayne195

Threads
Being a moderator isn't a fun and it's all about making the right choices. Ask yourself a question who would you like to see become a forum moderator here, my personal belief is someone like say KennyV would be good, but Kenny is what I would call a high ranking respected member here with a good reputation and to take the job of moderator could possibly destroy that reputation. So who do you pick, believe me I can see Muhammed problem.
Well stated! Having a combined 2 years experiance as a Moderator I can agree to the fact that it isn't always fun. It sure does look like we need one around here before things get out of hand. There are some forums that have so many Mods that spam doesn't stay around for more than half-an-hour or so, but there have been times that spam has polluted this forum for a long time.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well stated! Having a combined 2 years experience as a Moderator I can agree to the fact that it isn't always fun. It sure does look like we need one around here before things get out of hand. There are some forums that have so many Mods that spam doesn't stay around for more than half-an-hour or so, but there have been times that spam has polluted this forum for a long time.

Having or being an administrator on some other forums, I've encountered the people and problems that a forum can have. That's why I said be-careful of who you select because your choice could cause not only forum but individual problems.

benski

Threads
Having or being an administrator on some other forums, I've encountered the people and problems that a forum can have. That's why I said be-careful of who you select because your choice could cause not only forum but individual problems.

That could indeed be a very slippery slope..:eek: