Lightweight weed eater

greenacre

Member
I'm not a very strong woman, so I need something that is easy to handle and not hard on my back. I've never been real hand with a weed eater, so something even a monkey could use would be best.
 
If you are doing a small or limited space...
Look at corded electric weed eaters ... they are not heavy, have plenty of power, obviously easy to start, and are reasonably priced... :smile:KennyV
 
Sorry to sound so dumb but what's a weed eater? It's not something I've seen here in the UK. I have a long handled device that burns weeds and I have another long handled device that gouges them out from between my patio slabs but that's about it.
 
Sorry to sound so dumb but what's a weed eater? It's not something I've seen here in the UK. I have a long handled device that burns weeds and I have another long handled device that gouges them out from between my patio slabs but that's about it.

It's a string trimmer. The plastic cord spins at high RPM, and it 'mows' off the weeds. 'Weed Eater' comes from the name of one of the first (or, more accurately, most famous) product of this kind. Kinda like 'Crescent wrench' and 'Styrofoam'. They are the name of famous products, and have been used to describe it (rather than 'adjustable wrench', or 'polystyrene foam')
 
Last edited:
Thanks for enlightening me. :thumbsup: We do, of course have strimmers like that here, in fact I own a cordless one, but I don't use it for weeds as I prefer to get rid of them by a more permanent method!:smile:
 
Well, I guess that's just what I've always known it to be called, but when I really think about it now, it's not at all what I'm doing with it. I guess I should call it a "grass that the lawnmower can't reach trimmer".
 
Well, I guess that's just what I've always known it to be called, but when I really think about it now, it's not at all what I'm doing with it. I guess I should call it a "grass that the lawnmower can't reach trimmer".

That's funny....:laughing:

Do you feel comfortable with a trimmer that you have to pullstart? I mean one or two pulls - not yank on it from breakfast till lunch (or until your arms are limp as noodles, whichever comes first)........

If so, I'd wholeheartedly recommend a Weed Eater Featherlite. They mean it. These things weigh less than a lot of electrics! They are well-balanced and do a great job. They're cheap, and readily available at any Walmart.
 
That's funny....:laughing:

Do you feel comfortable with a trimmer that you have to pullstart? I mean one or two pulls - not yank on it from breakfast till lunch (or until your arms are limp as noodles, whichever comes first)........

If so, I'd wholeheartedly recommend a Weed Eater Featherlite. They mean it. These things weigh less than a lot of electrics! They are well-balanced and do a great job. They're cheap, and readily available at any Walmart.

I definitely would rather not have to drag a cord around the yard. If it lives up to it's name, I'm all for it. Cheap is good also.
 
My wife wants a lightweight weed eater. Mine is just too much weight and bulk for her to carry around without getting totally worn out. I don't let her use it because I don't think it's safe for her. I'm not fond of the electric type and she isn't, either. The Featherlite sounds like it's what I'm looking for.
 
The featherlite is also great on fuel. During a season, I only have to fill it twice. (average use per mowing is 10-15 min on my featherlite, and I have to mow every week in the summer.......still only have to fill it twice!
 
Back
Top