Kubota?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
jekjr,

????? that link only gives me a webpage with Parts Lookup & Dealer Locator. How do I get MSRP????

Click on the link it will give you a list of mowers then click on the mower you want to know about.
In the top left corner there will be a price.

Tom59

Threads
SCMCG,
So do we have a Forum Administrator who loves Kubotas so much he deleted my response about the led lights & suspension only being standard on the ZG123S or ZG127S? And do these have a deck height adjustment "knob"(aka lever or is it foot assisted...I couldn't tell on the Kubota website). I also mentioned that most likely a "similarly equipped" ExMark with a ZT-3100, ROPS, etc. will probably be more $$$$. Either I didn't hit "Submit"...duhhhhh...or my response to you was deleted:0(

YES , they all have the knob. The ZG124E-48 is a 24hp Briggs & Stratton engine @ $4,449.00 promotional
price.
The ZG123S-48 is a Kohler 23hp engine with the suspension seat & headlites @
$4,949.00 promotional price.

Both S models have kohlers-suspension seats and led headlites.

Bowtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
jekjr,

????? that link only gives me a webpage with Parts Lookup & Dealer Locator. How do I get MSRP????

I had to go to the link "Build my Kabota" select standard choices and there it is.

from the top select products then mowers, then Z turn and finally build

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had to go to the link "Build my Kabota" select standard choices and there it is.

from the top select products then mowers, then Z turn and finally build

Bowtx,
Thanks...that approach worked for me. So, a 54" ZG127S with the suspension seat has a $6,300 MSRP(plus taxes). I still think my 52" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ "Commercial" ZTR that I got for $6,280 plus taxes was a better deal.

Gravely:ZT-3400 trannies, 7gauge deck, 9.4 gal gas tank, 1,050lbs, 10mph-F/4.5mph-R, Ogura GT 2.5 clutch.

Kommander:ZT-3100 trannies, 10gauge deck, 4.3 gal gas tank, 771 lbs, 8mph-F/4mph-R, Ogura GT1A clutch.

Or am I missing something at $20 less for the Gravely????

SCMCG

Threads
Bowtx,
Thanks...that approach worked for me. So, a 54" ZG127S with the suspension seat has a $6,300 MSRP(plus taxes). I still think my 52" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ "Commercial" ZTR that I got for $6,280 plus taxes was a better deal.

Gravely:ZT-3400 trannies, 7gauge deck, 9.4 gal gas tank, 1,050lbs, 10mph-F/4.5mph-R, Ogura GT 2.5 clutch.

Kommander:ZT-3100 trannies, 10gauge deck, 4.3 gal gas tank, 771 lbs, 8mph-F/4mph-R, Ogura GT1A clutch.

Or am I missing something at $20 less for the Gravely????

You are correct-however my dealer will sell that model to me for $5699.00 + tax--Still, it is close as your machine is a much better built unit. IMO

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are correct-however my dealer will sell that model to me for $5699.00 + tax--Still, it is close as your machine is a much better built unit. IMO

SCMCG,
And yes...you are correct in although in a "price comparison" my Gravely looks better, in all fairness it is not good to compare a "Residential" Kubota specs to a "Commercial" Gravely specs which equates to an apples-to-oranges comparison. A more equal comparison of "specs"(then prices) would be the Kommander to a Gravely ZT HD high-end residential. I try to avoid advice that is not apples-to-apples, but just couldn't resist the "price comparison":0)
That sounds like you are being offered a much better deal than strictly the mfg. MSRP!!

Tom59

Threads
SCMCG,
And yes...you are correct in although in a "price comparison" my Gravely looks better, in all fairness it is not good to compare a "Residential" Kubota specs to a "Commercial" Gravely specs which equates to an apples-to-oranges comparison. A more equal comparison of "specs"(then prices) would be the Kommander to a Gravely ZT HD high-end residential. I try to avoid advice that is not apples-to-apples, but just couldn't resist the "price comparison":0)
That sounds like you are being offered a much better deal than strictly the mfg. MSRP!!

The Kubota ZG100 Series retails for between $4,499-$5,799.00. I'm sure a 100.00 could be knocked off at some places paying cash or good customer status. Guessing.....

Around here the 100xdz is close to 7k. We are talking 1200.00 beans. Unless I'm missing something. Pro Turn is 5999. ZT/HD is 4999.00 I was offered a hundred off each one paying cash. (bigdeal) The pro turn is a 3200 series tranny , 10ga deck , not positive on the clutch - Ogura GT 1A , Iirc. Same speeds , same engine series.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Kubota ZG100 Series retails for between $4,499-$5,799.00. I'm sure a 100.00 could be knocked off at some places paying cash or good customer status. Guessing.....

Around here the 100xdz is close to 7k. We are talking 1200.00 beans. Unless I'm missing something. Pro Turn is 5999. ZT/HD is 4999.00 I was offered a hundred off each one paying cash. (bigdeal) The pro turn is a 3200 series tranny , 10ga deck , not positive on the clutch - Ogura GT 1A , Iirc. Same speeds , same engine series.

Tom59,
I will attempt to take your info and what I find online for the Kubota Kommander and compare a single model, the standard 48" ZG124E model's MSRP to the 48" Gravely ZT HD line-for line and price. I "assume" your $4499 quote is what I'm looking for but the website, after selecting "Build My Kubota", then ZG124, Gas, 48", Standard features and Turf Tires, gave me a Summary stating "Introductory Pricing Starting At $4499" but also a "Total Configuration Price" of $4985. I must assume that based upon my "option selections" that the $4985 is the MSRP price plus taxes...we cannot assume that any dealer(Kubota or Gravely) is going to extend a "discount/cash price deal" to me....OK?
Indeed the 48" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ has a MSRP of $7,299, which for a "Commercial ZTR" is going to be a lot more "beans" than a Kubota Kommander ZG124E Residential ZTR". And the 48" Gravely "regular Pro-Turn" is the $5,999 but is still not the appropriate Gravely model to compare a Kommander ZG124E to.

The 48" Gravely ZT HD is the $4,999 MSRP plus taxes you quoted and now.......we have an apples-to-apples comparison to a base Kommander ZG124E(same ZT-3100 trannies, same gauge deck, no suspension seat and the same Ogura GT1A clutch. And, let's say for the sake of comparison that the MSRP that the Kubota website gave me("Total Configuration Price" of $4,985) for the ZG124E is to be compared to the Gravely ZT HD 48 at $4,999. Sooooooo....we are talking a difference of 14 beans($) the Kommander is less than the Gravely here.....right??? Since as far as "most" features that I just described these two ZTR's are basically neck-to-neck, let's drill down a bit further to differences such as:
Warranties:
Gravely:3year Consumer/1Year Commercial or 1,000 Hours, 5Year Frame & Deck and 3Year Spindles(Cast Iron).
Kommander:4Year or 300 Hours/No Commercial Warranty, No specific Frame/Deck Warranty, No specific Spindle Warranty(and no mention, but I assume aluminum spindles).

Weight:
Gravely:823 lbs.(almost a 100 lbs more than the Kubota....could this indicate a "heavier" build???)
Kommander:726 lbs.

Please feel free to pull up these two model's features and or specifications and mention anything that I may have missed or correct anything I mentioned......that would be worth saving(or spending) 14 beans.

Ooooppppps, missed a spec that was in favor of the Kommander:
Blade Tip Speed:
Gravely:18,000 fpm(Gravely doesn't state "max" but don't know if that is implied).
Kommander:(max)18,100 fpm

Found another.....may be a biggie....
Deck Hanging System:
Gravely:Commercial chain-hung free floating.
Kommander:parallel linkage. Not familiar with this, but after looking at the pictures, definitely not chain-hung.

Last edited: