Export thread

Kubota?

S

SCMCG

Where can I get pricing on these mowers online?

jekjr

jekjr

Where can I get pricing on these mowers online?

Kubota Tractor Corporation

It's is MSRP.

S

SCMCG

Thanks! I see that Kubota covers the engine warranty. Should I still be scared away by the Kohler engine?

jekjr

jekjr

Thanks! I see that Kubota covers the engine warranty. Should I still be scared away by the Kohler engine?

I don't know about the new bottom line mowers that do not have Kubota engines in them. I have. ZG 222 that has the 2 cyl Kubota air cooled engine in it and it is a fine little machine. I just bought a ZD 326 with the 3 cyl Kubota Diesel. I have seen several people running them and they can take a pounding and come back for more.

I do know that Kubota is quality.

S

SCMCG

I don't know about the new bottom line mowers that do not have Kubota engines in them. I have. ZG 222 that has the 2 cyl Kubota air cooled engine in it and it is a fine little machine. I just bought a ZD 326 with the 3 cyl Kubota Diesel. I have seen several people running them and they can take a pounding and come back for more.

I do know that Kubota is quality.
Ok, I am looking at the new Kommander z100 series. I like the style it has, i.e. looks cool LOL. I like that it has the suspension seat standard. I like that it comes with LED headlights. I like the large rear tires and low center o gravity. I like that it has the 3100 series hydros. I like the deck height adjustment knob. I like the ROPS-although I wish it was foldable. I like the 4 year warranty. Really, the only thing that keeps it from being my 1st choice over the Gravely and Country Clipper is the Kohler engine. I also want to check into Exmark cuz they have a 2.99% for 72 months which would make me able to maybe "buy up" due to a cheaper payment.

djdicetn

djdicetn

jekjr,

????? that link only gives me a webpage with Parts Lookup & Dealer Locator. How do I get MSRP????

S

SCMCG

jekjr,

????? that link only gives me a webpage with Parts Lookup & Dealer Locator. How do I get MSRP????

I foumnd it last night-can't now LOL! But my dealer said it was I think $5699.00 but on promo now for $5299.00

djdicetn

djdicetn

I foumnd it last night-can't now LOL! But my dealer said it was I think $5699.00 but on promo now for $5299.00

SCMCG,
Is that the ZG123S 48" or the ZG127S 54"???? That would be kinda pricey for a 48":0(

djdicetn

djdicetn

Ok, I am looking at the new Kommander z100 series. I like the style it has, i.e. looks cool LOL. I like that it has the suspension seat standard. I like that it comes with LED headlights. I like the large rear tires and low center o gravity. I like that it has the 3100 series hydros. I like the deck height adjustment knob. I like the ROPS-although I wish it was foldable. I like the 4 year warranty. Really, the only thing that keeps it from being my 1st choice over the Gravely and Country Clipper is the Kohler engine. I also want to check into Exmark cuz they have a 2.99% for 72 months which would make me able to maybe "buy up" due to a cheaper payment.

SCMCG,
So do we have a Forum Administrator who loves Kubotas so much he deleted my response about the led lights & suspension only being standard on the ZG123S or ZG127S? And do these have a deck height adjustment "knob"(aka lever or is it foot assisted...I couldn't tell on the Kubota website). I also mentioned that most likely a "similarly equipped" ExMark with a ZT-3100, ROPS, etc. will probably be more $$$$. Either I didn't hit "Submit"...duhhhhh...or my response to you was deleted:0(

S

SCMCG

I typed a big one too and its not there???? Hmmmmmm... Gotta run I will be back in a couple hours LOL

And that was for the 54" deck.

djdicetn

djdicetn

I typed a big one too and its not there???? Hmmmmmm... Gotta run I will be back in a couple hours LOL

And that was for the 54" deck.

SCMCG,
Beware the pitfalls of starting more than one thread for assistance:0)

See:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/15414-help-me-decide-zt-mower.html

S

SCMCG

SCMCG,
Beware the pitfalls of starting more than one thread for assistance:0)

See:

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/15414-help-me-decide-zt-mower.html

LOL! Yeah, I know better but thought since I was adding Kubota maybe the Kubota guys wouldn't see it in the other thread. :wink:

jekjr

jekjr

jekjr,

Click on the link it will give you a list of mowers then click on the mower you want to know about.
In the top left corner there will be a price.

T

Tom59

SCMCG,
So do we have a Forum Administrator who loves Kubotas so much he deleted my response about the led lights & suspension only being standard on the ZG123S or ZG127S? And do these have a deck height adjustment "knob"(aka lever or is it foot assisted...I couldn't tell on the Kubota website). I also mentioned that most likely a "similarly equipped" ExMark with a ZT-3100, ROPS, etc. will probably be more $$$$. Either I didn't hit "Submit"...duhhhhh...or my response to you was deleted:0(

YES , they all have the knob. The ZG124E-48 is a 24hp Briggs & Stratton engine @ $4,449.00 promotional
price.
The ZG123S-48 is a Kohler 23hp engine with the suspension seat & headlites @
$4,949.00 promotional price.

Both S models have kohlers-suspension seats and led headlites.

B

Bowtx

jekjr,

I had to go to the link "Build my Kabota" select standard choices and there it is.

from the top select products then mowers, then Z turn and finally build

djdicetn

djdicetn

I had to go to the link "Build my Kabota" select standard choices and there it is.

from the top select products then mowers, then Z turn and finally build

Bowtx,
Thanks...that approach worked for me. So, a 54" ZG127S with the suspension seat has a $6,300 MSRP(plus taxes). I still think my 52" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ "Commercial" ZTR that I got for $6,280 plus taxes was a better deal.

Gravely:ZT-3400 trannies, 7gauge deck, 9.4 gal gas tank, 1,050lbs, 10mph-F/4.5mph-R, Ogura GT 2.5 clutch.

Kommander:ZT-3100 trannies, 10gauge deck, 4.3 gal gas tank, 771 lbs, 8mph-F/4mph-R, Ogura GT1A clutch.

Or am I missing something at $20 less for the Gravely????

S

SCMCG

Bowtx,
Thanks...that approach worked for me. So, a 54" ZG127S with the suspension seat has a $6,300 MSRP(plus taxes). I still think my 52" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ "Commercial" ZTR that I got for $6,280 plus taxes was a better deal.

Gravely:ZT-3400 trannies, 7gauge deck, 9.4 gal gas tank, 1,050lbs, 10mph-F/4.5mph-R, Ogura GT 2.5 clutch.

Kommander:ZT-3100 trannies, 10gauge deck, 4.3 gal gas tank, 771 lbs, 8mph-F/4mph-R, Ogura GT1A clutch.

Or am I missing something at $20 less for the Gravely????

You are correct-however my dealer will sell that model to me for $5699.00 + tax--Still, it is close as your machine is a much better built unit. IMO

djdicetn

djdicetn

You are correct-however my dealer will sell that model to me for $5699.00 + tax--Still, it is close as your machine is a much better built unit. IMO

SCMCG,
And yes...you are correct in although in a "price comparison" my Gravely looks better, in all fairness it is not good to compare a "Residential" Kubota specs to a "Commercial" Gravely specs which equates to an apples-to-oranges comparison. A more equal comparison of "specs"(then prices) would be the Kommander to a Gravely ZT HD high-end residential. I try to avoid advice that is not apples-to-apples, but just couldn't resist the "price comparison":0)
That sounds like you are being offered a much better deal than strictly the mfg. MSRP!!

T

Tom59

SCMCG,
And yes...you are correct in although in a "price comparison" my Gravely looks better, in all fairness it is not good to compare a "Residential" Kubota specs to a "Commercial" Gravely specs which equates to an apples-to-oranges comparison. A more equal comparison of "specs"(then prices) would be the Kommander to a Gravely ZT HD high-end residential. I try to avoid advice that is not apples-to-apples, but just couldn't resist the "price comparison":0)
That sounds like you are being offered a much better deal than strictly the mfg. MSRP!!

The Kubota ZG100 Series retails for between $4,499-$5,799.00. I'm sure a 100.00 could be knocked off at some places paying cash or good customer status. Guessing.....

Around here the 100xdz is close to 7k. We are talking 1200.00 beans. Unless I'm missing something. Pro Turn is 5999. ZT/HD is 4999.00 I was offered a hundred off each one paying cash. (bigdeal) The pro turn is a 3200 series tranny , 10ga deck , not positive on the clutch - Ogura GT 1A , Iirc. Same speeds , same engine series.

djdicetn

djdicetn

The Kubota ZG100 Series retails for between $4,499-$5,799.00. I'm sure a 100.00 could be knocked off at some places paying cash or good customer status. Guessing.....

Around here the 100xdz is close to 7k. We are talking 1200.00 beans. Unless I'm missing something. Pro Turn is 5999. ZT/HD is 4999.00 I was offered a hundred off each one paying cash. (bigdeal) The pro turn is a 3200 series tranny , 10ga deck , not positive on the clutch - Ogura GT 1A , Iirc. Same speeds , same engine series.

Tom59,
I will attempt to take your info and what I find online for the Kubota Kommander and compare a single model, the standard 48" ZG124E model's MSRP to the 48" Gravely ZT HD line-for line and price. I "assume" your $4499 quote is what I'm looking for but the website, after selecting "Build My Kubota", then ZG124, Gas, 48", Standard features and Turf Tires, gave me a Summary stating "Introductory Pricing Starting At $4499" but also a "Total Configuration Price" of $4985. I must assume that based upon my "option selections" that the $4985 is the MSRP price plus taxes...we cannot assume that any dealer(Kubota or Gravely) is going to extend a "discount/cash price deal" to me....OK?
Indeed the 48" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ has a MSRP of $7,299, which for a "Commercial ZTR" is going to be a lot more "beans" than a Kubota Kommander ZG124E Residential ZTR". And the 48" Gravely "regular Pro-Turn" is the $5,999 but is still not the appropriate Gravely model to compare a Kommander ZG124E to.

The 48" Gravely ZT HD is the $4,999 MSRP plus taxes you quoted and now.......we have an apples-to-apples comparison to a base Kommander ZG124E(same ZT-3100 trannies, same gauge deck, no suspension seat and the same Ogura GT1A clutch. And, let's say for the sake of comparison that the MSRP that the Kubota website gave me("Total Configuration Price" of $4,985) for the ZG124E is to be compared to the Gravely ZT HD 48 at $4,999. Sooooooo....we are talking a difference of 14 beans($) the Kommander is less than the Gravely here.....right??? Since as far as "most" features that I just described these two ZTR's are basically neck-to-neck, let's drill down a bit further to differences such as:
Warranties:
Gravely:3year Consumer/1Year Commercial or 1,000 Hours, 5Year Frame & Deck and 3Year Spindles(Cast Iron).
Kommander:4Year or 300 Hours/No Commercial Warranty, No specific Frame/Deck Warranty, No specific Spindle Warranty(and no mention, but I assume aluminum spindles).

Weight:
Gravely:823 lbs.(almost a 100 lbs more than the Kubota....could this indicate a "heavier" build???)
Kommander:726 lbs.

Please feel free to pull up these two model's features and or specifications and mention anything that I may have missed or correct anything I mentioned......that would be worth saving(or spending) 14 beans.

Ooooppppps, missed a spec that was in favor of the Kommander:
Blade Tip Speed:
Gravely:18,000 fpm(Gravely doesn't state "max" but don't know if that is implied).
Kommander:(max)18,100 fpm

Found another.....may be a biggie....
Deck Hanging System:
Gravely:Commercial chain-hung free floating.
Kommander:parallel linkage. Not familiar with this, but after looking at the pictures, definitely not chain-hung.

T

Tom59

Tom59,
I will attempt to take your info and what I find online for the Kubota Kommander and compare a single model, the standard 48" ZG124E model's MSRP to the 48" Gravely ZT HD line-for line and price. I "assume" your $4499 quote is what I'm looking for but the website, after selecting "Build My Kubota", then ZG124, Gas, 48", Standard features and Turf Tires, gave me a Summary stating "Introductory Pricing Starting At $4499" but also a "Total Configuration Price" of $4985. I must assume that based upon my "option selections" that the $4985 is the MSRP price plus taxes...we cannot assume that any dealer(Kubota or Gravely) is going to extend a "discount/cash price deal" to me....OK?
Indeed the 48" Gravely Pro-Turn 100XDZ has a MSRP of $7,299, which for a "Commercial ZTR" is going to be a lot more "beans" than a Kubota Kommander ZG124E Residential ZTR". And the 48" Gravely "regular Pro-Turn" is the $5,999 but is still not the appropriate Gravely model to compare a Kommander ZG124E to.

The 48" Gravely ZT HD is the $4,999 MSRP plus taxes you quoted and now.......we have an apples-to-apples comparison to a base Kommander ZG124E(same ZT-3100 trannies, same gauge deck, no suspension seat and the same Ogura GT1A clutch. And, let's say for the sake of comparison that the MSRP that the Kubota website gave me("Total Configuration Price" of $4,985) for the ZG124E is to be compared to the Gravely ZT HD 48 at $4,999. Sooooooo....we are talking a difference of 14 beans($) the Kommander is less than the Gravely here.....right??? Since as far as "most" features that I just described these two ZTR's are basically neck-to-neck, let's drill down a bit further to differences such as:
Warranties:
Gravely:3year Consumer/1Year Commercial or 1,000 Hours, 5Year Frame & Deck and 3Year Spindles(Cast Iron).
Kommander:4Year or 300 Hours/No Commercial Warranty, No specific Frame/Deck Warranty, No specific Spindle Warranty(and no mention, but I assume aluminum spindles).

Weight:
Gravely:823 lbs.(almost a 100 lbs more than the Kubota....could this indicate a "heavier" build???)
Kommander:726 lbs.

Please feel free to pull up these two model's features and or specifications and mention anything that I may have missed or correct anything I mentioned......that would be worth saving(or spending) 14 beans.

Ooooppppps, missed a spec that was in favor of the Kommander:
Blade Tip Speed:
Gravely:18,000 fpm(Gravely doesn't state "max" but don't know if that is implied).
Kommander:(max)18,100 fpm

Found another.....may be a biggie....
Deck Hanging System:
Gravely:Commercial chain-hung free floating.
Kommander:parallel linkage. Not familiar with this, but after looking at the pictures, definitely not chain-hung.
I think we agree :wink:

I am leaning Gravely - I will talk turkey - after two more dealer visits. Scag- Hustler.....both closer by than Gravely. I like the Gravely dealer really nice folks.

Website pricing is MSRP - Kubota - they are running a promotion nationwide. 124e is 4449.00. The prices I posted are for the promotion as far as I know there are no options lists. I have been wrong before though. (ask the wife)

BTS means little to me. I have a push mower -no engine- rotary - cuts really well , blade tip speed is REALLY, REALLY slow especially on hot days. If I oil the blades it's better. :biggrin: I use it for my pool area , its just easier and keeps grass out of the pool. Cut is excellent. Seriously.

Some people like to make it a simple BTS Vs BTS. No deck design , no blade design , no engine hp/tq curves or spindle design. Engineers at major manufacturers know what they are doing. (I hope so) So imho , and for me , it means less than how sharp I keep my blades. :wink: Especially when you are talking 100rpms here and there.

So deck height 5" vs 4.5 and tire profiles , the knob to change deck heights is nice. Warranty isn't a deal breaker . The Kawasaki engine is though. That alone is worth a few hundred beans. 200.00 min.... YES, Gravely is also a proven model. No recalls like Kubota. Also the weight of the machines one is obviously beefier. On me it would be a 100lbs of not needed weight. But on a machine its usually a good thing.

djdicetn

djdicetn

I think we agree :wink:

I am leaning Gravely - I will talk turkey - after two more dealer visits. Scag- Hustler.....both closer by than Gravely. I like the Gravely dealer really nice folks.

Website pricing is MSRP - Kubota - they are running a promotion nationwide. 124e is 4449.00. The prices I posted are for the promotion as far as I know there are no options lists. I have been wrong before though. (ask the wife)

BTS means little to me. I have a push mower -no engine- rotary - cuts really well , blade tip speed is REALLY, REALLY slow especially on hot days. If I oil the blades it's better. :biggrin: I use it for my pool area , its just easier and keeps grass out of the pool. Cut is excellent. Seriously.

Some people like to make it a simple BTS Vs BTS. No deck design , no blade design , no engine hp/tq curves or spindle design. Engineers at major manufacturers know what they are doing. (I hope so) So imho , and for me , it means less than how sharp I keep my blades. :wink: Especially when you are talking 100rpms here and there.

So deck height 5" vs 4.5 and tire profiles , the knob to change deck heights is nice. Warranty isn't a deal breaker . The Kawasaki engine is though. That alone is worth a few hundred beans. 200.00 min.... YES, Gravely is also a proven model. No recalls like Kubota. Also the weight of the machines one is obviously beefier. On me it would be a 100lbs of not needed weight. But on a machine its usually a good thing.

Tom59,
Well I can see you are practicing due diligence in getting all the facts before making a purchase. A lot of users think I am "bashing" the Kubota Kommander and really I'm not. For the first-everKubota "Residential ZTR" model introduction the Kommander is a respectable machine, I just think there are many other choices from manufacturers that have been building high-end residential ZTR's for years(Gravely, Toro, Cub Cadet, Hustler, Big Dog, etc.) that offer slightly better bang for your buck. In 5-10 years from now, who knows Kubota may have 4-5 different Residential ZTR series that will match up with any competitor. I'm just a little leary of the first model they introduced(until a season or two of owner experiences/reviews confirm their quality). Again, as I have said before...historically, Kubota don't make no junk!!!

T

Tom59

Tom59,
Well I can see you are practicing due diligence in getting all the facts before making a purchase. A lot of users think I am "bashing" the Kubota Kommander and really I'm not. For the first-everKubota "Residential ZTR" model introduction the Kommander is a respectable machine, I just think there are many other choices from manufacturers that have been building high-end residential ZTR's for years(Gravely, Toro, Cub Cadet, Hustler, Big Dog, etc.) that offer slightly better bang for your buck. In 5-10 years from now, who knows Kubota may have 4-5 different Residential ZTR series that will match up with any competitor. I'm just a little leary of the first model they introduced(until a season or two of owner experiences/reviews confirm their quality). Again, as I have said before...historically, Kubota don't make no junk!!!

I'm certainly not bashing them, I REALLY wanted one. I certainly didn't read into you bashing them either. I'm new here and info is the reason I fully understand people's brand loyalty. Most people know there are variables to each persons decision. Variety makes the world go round.

..........name equals resale value. You WILL get better money on resale if the name is KUBOTA. Especially around here. There is no debating it. That is exactly why I like their machines and looked at them first. Also in this arena as you mentioned they are new. So the recalls mean little but what else might fail in a yr or so even though they fix it. That is a consideration. I have to drag it back there for warranty work. Its the furthest away dealer.

I just looked at a Scag Freedom Z Kawi engine , 3100 series tranny 48" deck has a nice deck adjustment system and the dealer offered me that for 5400.00. Very nicely built too. The 26hp briggs is 5300. The one thing that bugged me is the deck wasn't reinforced with flat stock on the bottom they went with L channel.

We have two older Kubota diesel tractors in the family VERY tough little hombre's. thanks for helping!

djdicetn

djdicetn

I'm certainly not bashing them, I REALLY wanted one. I certainly didn't read into you bashing them either. I'm new here and info is the reason I fully understand people's brand loyalty. Most people know there are variables to each persons decision. Variety makes the world go round.

..........name equals resale value. You WILL get better money on resale if the name is KUBOTA. Especially around here. There is no debating it. That is exactly why I like their machines and looked at them first. Also in this arena as you mentioned they are new. So the recalls mean little but what else might fail in a yr or so even though they fix it. That is a consideration. I have to drag it back there for warranty work. Its the furthest away dealer.

I just looked at a Scag Freedom Z Kawi engine , 3100 series tranny 48" deck has a nice deck adjustment system and the dealer offered me that for 5400.00. Very nicely built too. The 26hp briggs is 5300. The one thing that bugged me is the deck wasn't reinforced with flat stock on the bottom they went with L channel.

We have two older Kubota diesel tractors in the family VERY tough little hombre's. thanks for helping!

That Scag Freedom has very good specs and quality build and $5,400 sounds like a fair price. My dealer carried Scag & Gravely and I think it was the 52" in the Tiger Cat series that I looked at(unfortunately after I looked at the price tag I realized a Scag was a little out of my reach). They are extremely well built machines....but ouch they are expensive!!!

P

pepvol

I just returned from the Kubota dealer , and I was very impressed ! I have a John Deere and Kubota dealer right beside each other just a few miles from my house , and I'm out in the boonies and I have no clue where or how far away a Gravely , Scag or Cub Cadet dealer is . After looking it over very closely , the ZG127S , I went and talked to the guy and he was very helpful , when he started showing me figures and payments if I put 2,000, or 3,000 down I asked him , well that is from that $5799 figure how much would it be with the taxes ? Oh that is including the taxes ... so that was $400 some odd dollars cheaper than I thought without haggling one bit ... plus he said bring that credit application back in the morning , and I'LL get it cleaned up and out to you tomorrow evening and then teach you all about it when I bring it there ... I may just have to take him up on that .

djdicetn

djdicetn

I just returned from the Kubota dealer , and I was very impressed ! I have a John Deere and Kubota dealer right beside each other just a few miles from my house , and I'm out in the boonies and I have no clue where or how far away a Gravely , Scag or Cub Cadet dealer is . After looking it over very closely , the ZG127S , I went and talked to the guy and he was very helpful , when he started showing me figures and payments if I put 2,000, or 3,000 down I asked him , well that is from that $5799 figure how much would it be with the taxes ? Oh that is including the taxes ... so that was $400 some odd dollars cheaper than I thought without haggling one bit ... plus he said bring that credit application back in the morning , and I'LL get it cleaned up and out to you tomorrow evening and then teach you all about it when I bring it there ... I may just have to take him up on that .

Yep, don't know what part of TN you are in but Chiltons Turf Center in Nashville sells Scag, Gravely and Cub Cadet. I posted in your other thread about the guy in Missouri that just picked up a 48" Dixie Chopper Zee 2 for $3,800. That's an excellent buy for a residential unit with a Kawasaki engine and ZT-2800 trannies!!! Don't know what their going for in the boonies where you live(if there is a Dixie dealer nearby). You might wanna check 'em out!!!

D

Duckman

pepvol...First welcome.

It looks like you are getting a good deal, maybe not a great deal but I have not heard to many people really talking these things down....Mine has the 54" deck and the 27hp Kohler. I have nothing bad to say about the mower...I love it.

A few things you will REALLY enjoy...The power-more than enough. The cut-it's just great. The quality-the more I use it the more I see, it's simple and easy to work on.

The only thing that surprised me was how loud the deck is...the blades run at 1800rpm, for how good this thing cuts I'll take a little extra noise.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Stay safe.

Mike