Kubota Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

justice

Forum Newbie
Threads
You should be able to have wheels made, probably for what new would cost, maybe just a bit more if they are altered from wheels available for other tractors.

Willamette Wheel in Portland, Oregon builds and modifies wheels. I’ve not had tractor wheels done by them, only had wheels altered for a 75 Toyota pickup I had, but I know that parts are readily available for all types of wheels.

The centers of your original wheels might be useable, or at least useful in getting the bolt pattern, center hole diameter, and any offset correct.

You could even set them up where the centers bolt to the rims, like some tractors have.
That I will keep in Mind and contact them and see what they offer. First time I have ever encounter something like this. Im 71 years old and I seen a lot. I am 71 years old, and I used to work on older models of cars. Alot of electronics and old tube radios. I have an associate degree in electronics and computers. I used to help a lot of fellows who wanted to restore their old cars to be exactly what they came out with. I still have some old tubes still around the place. I think you can still buy some. but that just show us when you built to a standard of industry there always a fix and a part in this case made a few years then came out with a different rim. again thank you for the reply.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless Kubota makes their own wheels it would be very rare for them to use a bespoke wheel as this pushes the price up substantially.
The problem is of course working out what else the wheels were used on because if they came from a wheel making business ( and most are ) then the wheel could be used on anything from mine carts to cannon trailers .

justice

Forum Newbie
Threads
You probably correct on this, but the tractor is a Japanese made tractor. There for the longest time parts were manufacture in Japan and imported. If I'm correct I don't think there is a Kubota plant in US. I may be wrong on this. My owner's manual is printed in Japanese as main language and English as Secondary. sometimes It hard to sort it out. I try to call the main Kubota customer service. that was a waste time. They no speak English. I wrote them a letter and they stated they understand my problem, but they could not help me. I contacted a Kubota dealer they show the rim is valid number but when they put order in, they get a reply no longer made no longer available! I did find a group on the Internet that is able to contact a tractor junkyard in Japan and they had a rim. Cost was outrageous 250.00 US dollars and shipping was outrageous almost 300.00 dollars. yes, I know buy American. but I just like the tractor. My brother got a big Kubota and his spooler wen out on the bucket but other than it is a good tractor. And for a fact most of my equipment is American. And I only buy Ford, Chevy and Dodge. But most of them have foreign parts I do have a Old VW still running it in the garage I think it 62. So some things are great other things not so much. Thanks for your reply.

Racer X

Threads
You probably correct on this, but the tractor is a Japanese made tractor. There for the longest time parts were manufacture in Japan and imported. If I'm correct I don't think there is a Kubota plant in US. I may be wrong on this. My owner's manual is printed in Japanese as main language and English as Secondary. sometimes It hard to sort it out. I try to call the main Kubota customer service. that was a waste time. They no speak English. I wrote them a letter and they stated they understand my problem, but they could not help me. I contacted a Kubota dealer they show the rim is valid number but when they put order in, they get a reply no longer made no longer available! I did find a group on the Internet that is able to contact a tractor junkyard in Japan and they had a rim. Cost was outrageous 250.00 US dollars and shipping was outrageous almost 300.00 dollars. yes, I know buy American. but I just like the tractor. My brother got a big Kubota and his spooler wen out on the bucket but other than it is a good tractor. And for a fact most of my equipment is American. And I only buy Ford, Chevy and Dodge. But most of them have foreign parts I do have a Old VW still running it in the garage I think it 62. So some things are great other things not so much. Thanks for your reply.
I have a newer Kubota riding mower, three cylinder diesel, 52” cut, 4 wheel drive.

Made in Georgia.

Along with most automotive manufacturers from Japan, and Europe, Japanese tractors are also made in the US to avoid import duties.

I’be been to that factory, about 15 years ago, when I was driving flatbed semi trucks. I delivered a water jet cutting system manufactured in Seattle. Pretty cool place.

AEA5ECEB-0F13-49E5-97A4-96706A48F8EC.jpeg

Last edited:

AKS

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Kubota mower owners! 👍

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name 😆). maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Kubota owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it. :biggrin:

We want to make this the best resource for Kubota mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Kubota stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hello there, Just wanted to introduce myself from Brisbane, Australia. I have a 1980-something W5019 walk behind lawnmower that I am restoring and having a bit of trouble sourcing certain parts. Was hoping I could get some leads on here as to where I can find them. I was after the following:

DescriptionPart NumberQty Required
Cover Joint Part # 65601-21314 1
Shield, Safety Part # 65603-215131
Bush, Shield Part # 65603-21530 2

Last edited: