Kobalt Battery Issue

Lawrence Brown

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very frustrated. I have a good Kobalt 19 in 40 V lithium ion cordless mower and it has served me well for over 5 years now. It came with two batteries of 40V, a 2 ah and a 4 ah..........and they have served me well. The 4 ah loses power shortly now and the 2 ah is approaching the same. They are near the end of their lives. My frustration is trying to find a replacement battery. I bought one Kobalt replacement first on Amazon, a 40 V........and it seems to charge completely but once in the mower, it dies within less then a minute and the mower stops. I figured it to just be a bum battery. So I bought a brand new one at Loews.....40 V Max 4 ah extended run............and charged it up fully, placed it in the mower, and it ran for less then a minute then the mower dies. When I run my near dead old batteries in the mower, it runs fine until the battery no longer holds its charge. So please, what I am missing here? Are the new Kobalt 40 V 4 ah batteries not compatible with my present older Kobalt mower? Have they altered it somehow so now I need to buy a new mower or what? What am I missing here? Please help. My lawn really needs to get mowed soon.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would try this and see what they say.

1-888-356-2258

The warranty gives you legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state. For replacement parts, call our customer service department at 1-888-3KOBALT (1-888-356-2258), 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., EST, Monday - Friday.

Charlie8d

Threads
I would be interested to hear your results with this.