Kobalt 2x 24v won't start and makes a clicking noise.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Kobalt 2x 24v won't start and makes a clicking noise.
Now here is a liitle more info on the Kobalt mower. It is manufactured by Greenworks for Kobalt (Lowes). Still no real info on the mower available.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Now here is a liitle more info on the Kobalt mower. It is manufactured by Greenworks for Kobalt (Lowes). Still no real info on the mower available.

The government and media and big corporations are the ones shoving battery vehicles, power equipment, etc. down our throats.
They aren’t going to shove anything down my throat. That is why I chose NOT to work on it. I don’t want to get in on the ground floor.

We have become a disposable society. We are not resourceful and give up way too easily on repairs in general from a toaster to a clothes dryer. Or a battery blower to a battery zero turn. So all the “greenies” thinking they are saving the planet can eat some crow as they chuck the $500 self-propelled battery mower in the trash because the parts are not available and/or unable to find a shop to fix.

Freddie21

Threads
I had a 2 year old Kobalt, same mower type similar problem. They have a 3 year warranty. I contacted the local store and they replaced it with a new, in the box, updated model. No receipt, no questions asked. Don't mention where\how you got this unit. They didn't ask for that info.

Cfs

Threads
There are numerous safety switches in these electric mowers. I would look at the switch that engages when the handle is fully extended and locked. There may be a switch that prevents the blade from turning if a catcher bag is not in place or the discharge plate is locked down.
Spit

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW I have no insurance if I touch an electric mower.
Same story with generators
I can fix the engine part but not the electrics because I am not an electrician
Now I do not know how I would go with a blade change resulting in a claim but I for one tell electric mower customers to take it back to where they got it from.

As an aside, I have noticed that the EV bubble has burst with every EV maker scaling back and some actually shutting down the EV production lines.
With any luck the same will happen with E-Mowers
I have nothing against E-anything except when it is sold using lies and of course I hate those lithium batteries which are dirty than a kerosene tractor

Freddie21

Threads
One thing I have found out with the electrics, you don't clean the deck undersides with a hose as done with a gas unit. The person that gave me mine, had quickly power washed the underside and let it sit for over a week before using. It ran for about 10 mins and died.