Knocking motor

Tbone613

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 720 has the Koehler engine has started to knock, unfortunately I just replaced every other part on the mower but is this a motor change? Or easily fixable?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And which of the 5 or 6 different Kohler named engines with a few thousands variations do you have. Engine Model and spec number please.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
drain the oil, cut open the filter if it has one and see if there is metal in it.

Tbone613

Forum Newbie
Threads
No metal but it was extremely low on oil, I’m guessing that may have been the issue my son mowed with it last and I’m guessing he didn’t check the oil

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Something to check is on some of those engines the hydraulic lifters will flat spot on the bottom and make a knocking noise, And in some cases may come and go. Requires removing the valves and pushrods and pulling out the lifters to check the bottom for a wear line.

Tbone613

Forum Newbie
Threads
Something to check is on some of those engines the hydraulic lifters will flat spot on the bottom and make a knocking noise, And in some cases may come and go. Requires removing the valves and pushrods and pulling out the lifters to check the bottom for a wear line.
Thank you for the info!