Export thread

Knocking motor

T

Tbone613

My 720 has the Koehler engine has started to knock, unfortunately I just replaced every other part on the mower but is this a motor change? Or easily fixable?

I

ILENGINE

And which of the 5 or 6 different Kohler named engines with a few thousands variations do you have. Engine Model and spec number please.

T

Tbone613

IMG_4824.jpegIMG_4825.jpeg

T

Tbone613

Sorry I can’t find any numbers on it

sgkent

sgkent

drain the oil, cut open the filter if it has one and see if there is metal in it.

T

Tbone613

No metal but it was extremely low on oil, I’m guessing that may have been the issue my son mowed with it last and I’m guessing he didn’t check the oil

M

MParr

And which of the 5 or 6 different Kohler named engines with a few thousands variations do you have. Engine Model and spec number please.
I believe it’s a Kohler Command CH20

I

ILENGINE

Something to check is on some of those engines the hydraulic lifters will flat spot on the bottom and make a knocking noise, And in some cases may come and go. Requires removing the valves and pushrods and pulling out the lifters to check the bottom for a wear line.

T

Tbone613

Something to check is on some of those engines the hydraulic lifters will flat spot on the bottom and make a knocking noise, And in some cases may come and go. Requires removing the valves and pushrods and pulling out the lifters to check the bottom for a wear line.
Thank you for the info!