kawasaki oil consumption

I think that the FX, FS and FR models 730 and smaller are OK, but the bigger, newer engines, I see too many negative comments about them. I've noticed several negatives about the new line of horizontal shaft engines, both air and liquid cooled models.
 
FWIW: My 2014 FR 651V only has 36.1 hours on it (as of today), not even broke in. But never had to add a drop. And I check the level very closely prior to every use. Under warranty, only use Kawasaki 30w & their oil filter.

I build V-Twin bike engines & trannys, so I'm tuned into this.
 
Who knows what is happening at the assembly level...managers change, factory locations change, new personnel are assigned, quality standards and checks are changed or "streamlined." Even supplier selection and performance can change such as cylinder castings material etc, etc. Incompatible ring vs cylinder materials ( Chevy Vega, Porsche et al over the years.) Meanwhile Honda just motors on, right?
 
Back
Top