JD Snow Blower 1032 Oil leak

Twigs

Member
Hi friends..
My JD 1032 snowblower is blowing oil out the Electric starter hole...I'm in serious dodo...I have not pulled off the Blower Housing where the recoil and flywheel is located...is there an oil line or plug located behind this Housing. Any help would be great...:confused3:
 
I'd say that the oil seal under the flywheel is the cause. Remove the flywheel and you should be able to see where it is coming from.
 
I'd say that the oil seal under the flywheel is the cause. Remove the flywheel and you should be able to see where it is coming from.

Not too bad of a seal to replace. I drill a couple of small holes in the seal and install a sheet metal screw in the seal to pull the old seal out. Then just tap the new one in.
 
Thank you..is the seal round or square?

When you said square seal that is just something I just couldn't picture in my mine. The only thing I really could think maybe gasket or a square ring seal. The seal we are talking about is a round lip style seal that seals the case to the crankshaft that spins. Marion NY as a small town about 20 miles east of Rochester NY. Isn't Kingston in the south eastern part of the state or are you talking about Kingston Canada which I live about a 100 miles from?
 
When you said square seal that is just something I just couldn't picture in my mine. The only thing I really could think maybe gasket or a square ring seal. The seal we are talking about is a round lip style seal that seals the case to the crankshaft that spins. Marion NY as a small town about 20 miles east of Rochester NY. Isn't Kingston in the south eastern part of the state or are you talking about Kingston Canada which I live about a 100 miles from?

Yea after I saw the part list I saw it was round..now it shows a round gasket too..would you think that would need replacing? Is that hard to do? Do you need special tools to do it?
I was thinking of Mt. Marion..I live there for about 5-6 months..it's just north of Kingston NY...
 
the local libaryRe: JD Snow Blower 1032 Oil leak

Yea after I saw the part list I saw it was round..now it shows a round gasket too..would you think that would need replacing? Is that hard to do? Do you need special tools to do it?
I was thinking of Mt. Marion..I live there for about 5-6 months..it's just north of Kingston NY...

Is it a Tecumseh engine? The seal is under the flywheel which it would help to have a flywheel puller. To me its easy but I have done this job before . If you have never did anything like this before maybe visit the local library and read a book on small engine repair would help you. Getting out the old seal can be a little tricky sometimes.. Another thing is are we just making a guess on this oil leak as to what is leaking?? I would say the first thing to do is find out where the oil is coming from. To do this clean up all the old oil and then run the engine because I have found that a oil leak can travel.
Never heard of Mt. Marion so I will have to look it up.
 
Back
Top