Issues with pto (solved)

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does that have the same type

Unfortunately the crack right down the middle burned any identifying numbers i could make out so i have no idea what it was i could install another and Solder it in no problem . I could not find it on parts lists tho when looking
That is the diode that we had to install on mowers when doing the DSAM to DSAI conversion to prevent damaging the ignition system when the pto clutch was shutoff. May not be an exact replacement but was designed to do the same thing that the one in your wiring harness was designed to do.

Bearrepair

Threads
Hey all i was wrong i can make out the diode numbers i guess i looked at the wrong side when i clipped it off its t6a60

Attachments

• 20240331_171719.jpg
    20240331_171719.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 8

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
TAITRON T6A60L 6 amp 600V with a surge current rating of 400 amps.

T6A60L SPEC SHEET

Suggested US replacement part at a cost of 0.39 USD ea plus shipping.
1711920945066.png

Bearrepair

Threads
That is the diode that we had to install on mowers when doing the DSAM to DSAI conversion to prevent damaging the ignition system when the pto clutch was shutoff. May not be an exact replacement but was designed to do the same thing that the one in your wiring harness was designed to do.
Yeah i was starting to lean that way till the diod replacement was shown here its a much easier fix if i have something that i couldnt repair as easy as just popping on another diod!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can buy a jumper with the diode in it. Dixie Chopper makes one I know. Don't have access to the part no. now but can get ti.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What Bearrepair just did by posting the diode pn is to help all the professional shops here to help lower the repair cost for our customers while we make a profit on repairs. Simplicity was just wanting us to buy an expensive wiring harness to replace the diode.

Yes DIYers don't have the same access as we do but for it is a simple matter of buying the after market diode and a couple Aptiv terminals which in when we buy in bulk only cost us a couple dollars which mean we could the components for $5 (example) vs a $100 wiring or the $17 replacement that IL linked.

Personally I appreciate that Bearrepair took the time to post the component numbers for me to look up.

Now all I got to do here is to put these diodes on my next Mouser order.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Soldering the replacement will do fine.
Usually they are just crimped together with the wire at the terminals ( cheap ) before the terminals are inserted into the plug
If you have the terminals , crimper & extraction tool it is a 3 minute job
Just remember they are polarity sensitive as is a lot of the clutches .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes the diodes are usually unidirectional. This is why they are used to convert AC to DC. They are also call rectifiers.
There are also special diodes for other purposes.

Note the band is on the Cathode side. In this application the Cathode goes to the +12v side and Anode side goes to ground.
1711972066181.png
Anode Cathode

Bearrepair

Threads
Thanks for all the feedback this has been a great learning experience for me! I already ordered the diods and will have a couple spares just in case for later. I hope to have it ready for spring as im a hobby mechanic and make side money foxing things and its been fun and rewarding! But ive never asked for help until this issue most things i was able to figure out but we are only human and sometimes need the knowledge of others to continue forward!