Is the Stihl Motomix 50:1 Fuel worth it?

python33

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have mixed my own or purchased the TruFuel premix from Menards to run in my older equipment for many years but recently purchased a BG 50 blower.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve seen customers who have use it with no problems, but a bit expensive. I use and recommend Opti-2 in all my 2-cycle engines without any problems. Buy it only in tubes for one gallon on ethanol fuel. I don’t own any Stihl equipment now, but do have customers who follow my advice with no problems.

mikehouse

Threads
I’ve seen customers who have use it with no problems, but a bit expensive. I use and recommend Opti-2 in all my 2-cycle engines without any problems. Buy it only in tubes for one gallon on ethanol fuel. I don’t own any Stihl equipment now, but do have customers who follow my advice with no problems.
I too have a BG50.I also have only used trufuel,for every 2 cycle with no problems.But I may give Opti 2 a try.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll use the gas station gas and mix myself. But after about using up a gallon of that, I'll run premix through it for at least 1 tank.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I'll use the gas station gas and mix myself. But after about using up a gallon of that, I'll run premix through it for at least 1 tank.
Stihl synthetic 2-stroke pre-mix (gray bottle) is expensive. It is also some of the best oil for the purpose on the market. As long as you use a quality oil, not some cheap Walmart crap, mix it at correct ratio (usually 50:1), and keep your gas fresh, 30-60 days, it will work fine.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have mixed my own or purchased the TruFuel premix from Menards to run in my older equipment for many years but recently purchased a BG 50 blower.
It’s pretty expensive. I’ve bought Husqvarna and Echo brand pre-mix. I usually buy TruFuel or VP. They work just as good and are cheaper.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stihl synthetic 2-stroke pre-mix (gray bottle) is expensive. It is also some of the best oil for the purpose on the market. As long as you use a quality oil, not some cheap Walmart crap, mix it at correct ratio (usually 50:1), and keep your gas fresh, 30-60 days, it will work fine.

I use stens 2C oil. As long as I get the mix right, It burns about as good as the premix. But boy oh boy, if I get it wrong, I sure know it.
I have to weed eat the bank of my landlords pond. The first time I did it, I had to refill the weed eater twice. Last week, I mixed up a new batch and was able to do the job on one tank.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
PT, that is the main reason I use Opti-2 in tubes. Even I can’t screw it up, 1 tube to 1 gallon of gas. Well I guess we could find some one who’s dumber than I am, but you’ll have to look for a long time, as you know I’m a retired teacher.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
PT, that is the main reason I use Opti-2 in tubes. Even I can’t screw it up, 1 tube to 1 gallon of gas. Well I guess we could find some one who’s dumber than I am, but you’ll have to look for a long time, as you know I’m a retired teacher.

It's been a while, but I think I did some price shopping on those, and IIRC, it was pretty expensive. So what I do is pour the stens 2C oil into one of these. It was kind of a pita getting the oil to the bottom of this bottle. But it makes it easier to get it right.
1686152964066.png

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's been a while, but I think I did some price shopping on those, and IIRC, it was pretty expensive. So what I do is pour the stens 2C oil into one of these. It was kind of a pita getting the oil to the bottom of this bottle. But it makes it easier to get it right.
View attachment 64915
You could always use an empty Sta-Bil container.