Increasing rear tire size on Toro 42 inch Timecutter

BudLight

Threads
  • / Increasing rear tire size on Toro 42 inch Timecutter
The wheels out further is like adding leverage on the axles when you hit bumps etc.. Probably be ok, but just my .02

Load capacity can be found on Hydro-gear website for your 2100's.
Thank you very much. That website is excellent.
I agree with you completely on the added leverage caused by pushing the wheels out.
In looking at the specs, it looks like the maximum GVW is 900 lbs per hydro unit.

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y) Cool.

BudLight

Threads
The two inch spacers are in and everything is installed. I’m fairly certain I could have gotten by with 1.5 inch but considered the clearance too close for maximum movements on rough terrain. I’m extremely pleased with how this has turned out. The right tire sticks out less than one inch beyond the blade travel. The left tire is just inside the trim side of the deck, probably even with the blade travel. I can’t tell any difference in handling or turning with the mower. I still need to check and adjust height, level and pitch. Overall I think this is going to be a good modification to my mower. Time will tell on excessive wear and tear, although I’m not sure how I might access that. Before and after pictures.C57B4C7D-74CB-4C50-949F-DC56C13FFB45.jpeg6CF462D6-6B73-4970-A5E8-15F4B52FDAB5.jpeg272E2D2F-EFE0-47F7-9B6E-51003ED06F7E.jpeg56E33CC3-9CAC-48D8-89CA-24DC4B52DF92.jpeg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Like pics. I think the "After" pics are 1st tho. Do you still have warranty ?

BudLight

Threads
Sorry for the reversal on the photos. You’re correct. I posted the revised photos first.
Regarding the warranty…. I started this process at my dealer. He advised on the axle information that I posted previously, he had the 75750 at his store and helped measure the wheel offset. He quoted somewhere around $300+ for the “Toro” factory wheel/tire assembly (I purchased online). At no time was there mention of a warranty issue.

Lawn Addict
Threads
No biggie, Pics are self explanatory on size.

Dealer won't mention warranrty, unless this causes a problem.. Just enjoy.

BudLight

Threads
We have had a lot of rain over the past few weeks and I was finally able to cut my lawn. These oversized tires have pretty much solved all of my problems. I’m now able to cut across the slopes of my side yards which are about 18 +/- degrees without sliding downhill or tearing up my lawn by spinning my tires in the grass. Not absolutely perfect but they’ve certainly exceeded my goals for improvement.

shurguywutt

Threads
Awesome work, wheels look great. I have the 34" deck and the rear wheels leave much to be desired. I thought about taking on a similar project, not so much because of a loss of traction but because the narrow wheels leave impressions on my thick St. Augustine grass. The added traction would be a nice benefit however. Around how much did all of this cost?

BudLight

Threads
Awesome work, wheels look great. I have the 34" deck and the rear wheels leave much to be desired. I thought about taking on a similar project, not so much because of a loss of traction but because the narrow wheels leave impressions on my thick St. Augustine grass. The added traction would be a nice benefit however. Around how much did all of this cost?
$160 for the wheels/tires plus $42 for the two inch spacers. If you’re buying smaller tires and spacers, the cost would go down.

Lawn Addict
Threads
You wanna go expensive, look @ "Tweels" ......... Not my style, but just threw it out there.