Increasing rear tire size on Toro 42 inch Timecutter

BudLight

Threads
I recently bought a 42” fabricated deck Toro, model 75747. I am extremely pleased except for the rear tires. I am having traction issues in a several of places in the lawn. Looking at the other Toros, the next deck size up has a two inch jump in tire size and looking across the zero turn market, my mower has the smallest tires sold, 18x7.5-8. The next size Toro mower has 18x9.5-8. They both use the same hydros. In measuring that mower’s wheel/tire, I’m pretty sure I can use that assembly by adding one inch wheel spacer. The left tire will be even with the trim side of the deck while the right side will be inside of the deck. Thoughts, potential problems that anyone sees with this change??? Has anyone done this???

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 18x9.5-8 will not do much in the way of better traction a taller tire will help. 20x10-8 would be better.If you do this you have to be able to lower the back of the deck or raise the front to get a even cut. They also make a 20x8-8.

BudLight

Threads
I’m new to this process of changing tire sizes on a mower. How does a taller tire help me with traction? My thought process with a wider tire was to have more surface (contact) area.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
What pressure are you running in your rear tires?

BudLight

Threads
All of the parts are ordered and should be here within a couple of weeks. Once completed, I’ll post pictures of the before and after in case anyone is interested in making the same type of changes.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
All of the parts are ordered and should be here within a couple of weeks. Once completed, I’ll post pictures of the before and after in case anyone is interested in making the same type of changes.
so what size tires did you decide on?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going to 20"ers will add rotating mass (weight) to the hydros. Being they are the EZT 2100, I would excersize caution.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
should be ok good luck.

BudLight

Threads
I ordered the 18x9.5-8. That’s the same diameter but two inches wider than my original. It’s the same wheel/tire assembly used on the Toro 75750 (next size mower up from mine). That mower has the same hydros (2100) as mine. I don’t know what the weight is for the one inch wheel spacers but expect it to be minimal.
The tire/wheel assembly is coming from Mower Parts Group. The wheel spacers from Titan Wheel Accessories.