IE9 IS THA BOMB!!!

Slater

Threads
With most applications, you go to the "Help" menu and click on "About [application name]".

Yes, but with most browsers (FF,IE9, Chrome) now they have forgone the traditional drop down menus and made 6 menus into one or two icons, then you have your options or navigation through there. Thats why I couldn't remember off the top of my head and since I didn't know what version he has, then I didn't know what he would be looking at. IMO none of it is a game changer from Chrome or FF, but from IE8 it sure is. As far as features, there aren't a ton added, but what they improved on from before was speed, UI, speed, compatibility, speed, and security :biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
"About Internet Explorer" IS in a drop-down menu in IE 9 - it's the little gear in the upper right-hand corner......it's right at the bottom of the menu that pops down. :smile:

mystreba

Threads
Mine has a little down arrow next to the back and forward arrows.
There must be different versions of IE9 for your OS version. :confused3:

Are you using the compatibillity view ?

I am using compatibility view, but that only changes the display of web content - not the navigation bar. I'm running Windows 7, IE 9.0.8112.16421.

mystreba

Threads
View attachment 1813 Same Windows 7 and Same IE version -- that down arrow shows Recent Pages ???

Ah. I'm betting you have add-ons enabled. I dumped all the add-ons. See attached.

Also - you sure you're running Windows 7?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 6

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep - Win 7 (classic view)

Yes I allow Adobe, Microsoft, & AVG (antivirus) add ons

mystreba

Threads

Hm, so it may not be a function of the add-ons, but rather a function of the "view". You may only get those arrows in the classic view.

Slater

Threads

The classic view is the culprit. Still functions well, just not with all of the pretty UI :smile: