IE9 IS THA BOMB!!!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
OMG, IE9 is STUPID fast, and SUCH an improvement over IE8!

I don't pine for Opera anymore........it'll take some getting used to - but the lack of 50,000 extra bars has really stripped this browser down to lean-n-mean status! I hate IE as a rule, but this version has really changed my opinion!

Give it a try......do a Windows update (if you have Win 7) and it's in the updates you gotta check. I really like it! (It remembers all your favorites, and zoom, and everything from IE8) As was said in another forum, IE9 is REALLY a contender this time!

mystreba

Threads
OMG, IE9 is STUPID fast, and SUCH an improvement over IE8!

I don't pine for Opera anymore........it'll take some getting used to - but the lack of 50,000 extra bars has really stripped this browser down to lean-n-mean status! I hate IE as a rule, but this version has really changed my opinion!

Give it a try......do a Windows update (if you have Win 7) and it's in the updates you gotta check. I really like it! (It remembers all your favorites, and zoom, and everything from IE8) As was said in another forum, IE9 is REALLY a contender this time!

Cool - definitely gonna try it out. Does it still have "In-Private" browsing? I don't want my wife to know how much time I spend on LMF :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool - definitely gonna try it out. Does it still have "In-Private" browsing? I don't want my wife to know how much time I spend on LMF :laughing:

Absolutely. One of my favorite things about IE8. :wink: Just open a new tab, just like IE8, and it's at the bottom.......

Also, the new tab gives you a 'speed dial' (ala Opera) for your most used sites! (That sentence meant nothing to those who have never used Opera)

M$ obviously paid attention this time to Opera/Firefox to see why people were leaving their browser in droves! This is by far the best IE I've ever used - this coming from someone who's used Opera (almost exclusively) since 2001!

Last edited:

Slater

Threads
I told you in the other thread :biggrin: Pretty nice, especially if you can utilize its jump list feature with Windows 7 :thumbsup:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I told you in the other thread:biggrin:

That WAS you! :laughing: Couldn't remember the thread, so I started a new one.

Pretty nice, especially if you can utilize its jump list feature with Windows 7 :thumbsup:

What's that? :confused:

Slater

Threads
That WAS you! :laughing: Couldn't remember the thread, so I started a new one.

What's that? :confused:

Haha yes that was trying to figure out your x64 problems with FF, not sure if you tried my suggestions.
Anyways here is a link to the jump list feature (bottom of the page)
Seamless with Windows 7 - Microsoft Windows

I will say not everyone will use it, but I use it all the time now because the websites I frequent have integrated it very well. You can think of it as creating glorified shortcuts for different websites. I have bing.com pinned on the bottom and it is a good example if you right click the icon you can go directly to weather, travel, news, etc. without having to open the browser than navigate to it. But its worth checking out! :thumbsup:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Haha yes that was trying to figure out your x64 problems with FF, not sure if you tried my suggestions.
Anyways here is a link to the jump list feature (bottom of the page)
Seamless with Windows 7 - Microsoft Windows

I will say not everyone will use it, but I use it all the time now because the websites I frequent have integrated it very well. You can think of it as creating glorified shortcuts for different websites. I have bing.com pinned on the bottom and it is a good example if you right click the icon you can go directly to weather, travel, news, etc. without having to open the browser than navigate to it. But its worth checking out! :thumbsup:

It won't let me pin LMF to the taskbar (or anything else, for that matter).....just make a link on the desktop, or pin it to IE's list...:frown:

I figured it out - the only way to do it is to drag the tab containing what you want pinned to the taskbar. That's the only way it works for me - no matter WHAT the M$ site says!

Last edited:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Slater,

I did get both Opera and Firefox to install finally. The plugins? well, that's another tale....

As far as web surfing goes, I can't tell any real difference between the three. Im NOT gonna try Chrome, because of the headaches it was to install the other two, for no good reason!

I read that IE cracks under heavy multi-tab stress, but I avoid multi-tabs as much as possible. I have a max of three at once, and that is for limited times only.

Other than that, my OP stands....IE 9 IS THA BOMB!!!!

Slater

Threads
Slater,

I did get both Opera and Firefox to install finally. The plugins? well, that's another tale....

As far as web surfing goes, I can't tell any real difference between the three. Im NOT gonna try Chrome, because of the headaches it was to install the other two, for no good reason!

I read that IE cracks under heavy multi-tab stress, but I avoid multi-tabs as much as possible. I have a max of three at once, and that is for limited times only.

Other than that, my OP stands....IE 9 IS THA BOMB!!!!

Glad you are enjoying it :thumbsup: I personally haven't had issues running IE9 with a lot of tabs. I run usually 30-50 tabs at a time, but I also have an overclocked Hexacore machine with 24GB of RAM, so I don't think any browser would cause any problems :biggrin: Glad to hear the others installed, not sure why you had so much trouble or why the plugins are creating issues. Chrome is blazing fast and very lean which is really nice, but if you are enjoying IE9, I don't see any reason to jump to Chrome especially since they improved IE so much.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad you are enjoying it :thumbsup: I personally haven't had issues running IE9 with a lot of tabs. I run usually 30-50 tabs at a time, but I also have an overclocked Hexacore machine with 24GB of RAM, so I don't think any browser would cause any problems :biggrin: Glad to hear the others installed, not sure why you had so much trouble or why the plugins are creating issues. Chrome is blazing fast and very lean which is really nice, but if you are enjoying IE9, I don't see any reason to jump to Chrome especially since they improved IE so much.

That's my thought as well. Did you know that IE9 just surpassed Opera in downloads?

I can't say enough about it - because I can't believe it! EVERY, I mean EVERY upgrade in number (3 to four, four to five, etc.....) has been another ho-hum bloated affair. NOT THIS TIME! WOW!

I actually had a chubby for IE9 after YOUR reccomendation. You came through! Thanks!